Swampdonkey Amplfication

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Swampdonkey Amplfication

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Any one who knows me well enough knows i have a penchant for sourcing out all things Canadian. As of late it's been instruments and all things musical. This morning i almost spit out my coffee when i cam across this gem.

Swampdonkey Amplification.

For those not in the know a swampdonkey is sort of slang term for a Moose North of the 49th. I've also heard it once or twice as a derogatory word for female Native Americans in the oil patch from a couple dickshits. Buuuuut, I think it is more known for being the alternate name for a Moose.

Based only on the reviews and the videos samples i I'm definitely about that M50 and the Punkster. The Redpoll also has a little something my ears kind of like but i can't tell because he's playing a fkn strat in the neck position :spacepalm: . The M50 just looks fantastic. it has a bit of Marshally thing going on to my admittedly untrained Marshall ears, I am going to be down in that end of the world for the Canada Day weekend so i may email them and see if they are around and check them out and see what they have laying around to test drive.

If anything i think the blatant hughes & kettner back lit displays to be a little off putting and borderline barfy as well as what appears to be the Gibson font in places, but i'm more into the handmade Canadian thing and the fact they these don't appear to sound like shit.

lol. swampdonkey.

:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Re: Swampdonkey Amplfication

Post by Lt. Bob »

I now want one
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Haha pretty cool. Very pricey!

That M50 is fairly Mesa-like to my ears. Very bassy and crunchy in the highs while the midrange seems unaffected. But it still sounds good nonetheless. They look terrible. Lol. Those prices though....yikes.

And their web design is very 1997. Totally real-deal Canadian! :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Wow, that looks like a TV from the 60s
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Their demo guy is one of those "treMAWlo" guys...
Five Star Field Service is available in the Calgary area to resident and touring guitarists who require on-site service
:lollers2: :lollers:
That sounds super-useful to all those touring bands who frequently pass through Calgary!

Remember Gerg, those prices are in fake Canadian dollars, so you can knock 15-20% off.

I like the sound of that punkster.