I'm selling my pointy Ibanez...

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: I'm selling my pointy Ibanez...

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am So.... UPDATE...

I have now extracted $450 of the $475 - clearly he's had to come clean to his wife seeing she's transferred the money to me. I can, looking at the bank deposit online, feel the hatred between them... :lollers2: He is in so much trouble.

He tells me he's coming down to give me the other $25 in person and to pick it up in about a fortnight.

It's the last thing I ever sell him... just too much hard work.

I am wondering, seeing a few Ibanezes going on local facebook groups, whether I've overcharged him a little. :eep: Oh well, if so, I'll keep it ... for "pain and suffering"... :k:
haha, you cruel bastard - it will cost him more than the $25 to fill up his Holden station wagon to get to you won't it?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:46 am
Armistice wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am So.... UPDATE...

I have now extracted $450 of the $475 - clearly he's had to come clean to his wife seeing she's transferred the money to me. I can, looking at the bank deposit online, feel the hatred between them... :lollers2: He is in so much trouble.

He tells me he's coming down to give me the other $25 in person and to pick it up in about a fortnight.

It's the last thing I ever sell him... just too much hard work.

I am wondering, seeing a few Ibanezes going on local facebook groups, whether I've overcharged him a little. :eep: Oh well, if so, I'll keep it ... for "pain and suffering"... :k:
haha, you cruel bastard - it will cost him more than the $25 to fill up his Holden station wagon to get to you won't it?
Hyundai... :D But they're coming down anyway. Wife is going to something or other in Sydney and he's tagging along. Or that's the plan. There's many a slip betwixt cup and lip, as they say... :eek:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I still can't quite bring myself to sell mine!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 am Mine is MIJ though.
I thought they all were to be quite honest.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:12 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 am Mine is MIJ though.
I thought they all were to be quite honest.
I think in the late 90s they moved them to Indo or Korea.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Sunday. It all happens. True to the way the deal has been all along, it's difficult, right down to the very end.

I'd set aside some hours to play guitars and show him pedals and recording and shit and of course he can't do it because he's under the control of his wife and can no longer drive. Nor can he convey meaningful information via text message, so I'll have the guitar with me on Sunday morning at my GF's place and I may have to drive back to my place or he may pick it up from me at her place. Pick up and go. No time to chat. Jesus wept...

Hardest $475 I've ever earned...

Another friend who knows these values better than I do has confirmed that, in AUD, it's still a good deal at that price, so I don't feel like I've ripped him off. I still have no idea why he wants the fucking thing, but I have his money, all except for $25 I'm wavering on, so it's his.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

His wife would kill me... (she paid for it) :lollers2:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. Damn, what a bum.
Rebel Yell
einstein magoo

Post by einstein magoo »

He'll probably show up with 15 bucks...

"I'll slip you other 10 at some clandestine location next month, or so..."
"Meet me by that old elm tree on the corner of fik nd never"
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

You see what I mean about pointy shred guitars? This is the kind of lowlife retards they attract. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

And it's gone! He palmed the $25 so his wife didn't see, I shoved it in the back of the car, and off he went into the sunset.

I'll text him later, see how he's enjoying it... :lollers:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm And it's gone! He palmed the $25 so his wife didn't see,
:lollers2: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Wow. Just...wow. Nice fellow, I hope you don't have to see him again any time soon.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

So, I drop in to see him on the way back from my trip and the pointy Ibanez is fucking up - not sure how - but he had no idea what the problem was. I pick it up, plug it in, and it's pretty clear that the input jack needs resoldering. Bad luck. He thought it was something to do with the pickups.

Say what now? :headwall:

Now, there was a soldering iron in the house, I found out later, but he didn't have ANY screwdrivers at all, certainly not a small Phillips to unscrew the plate to get to the wiring. Not something I had with me, and at that point I didn't know about the soldering iron.

Jesus wept - how can someone have been playing electric guitar for more than 30 years and still not have the vaguest idea how they work, or any tools to do minor maintenance? :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :mad2:

I felt bad that it had fucked up so soon after he bought it from me, so I gave him the $25 back to go get it resoldered properly. I'm betting, next time I see him up there, in a year or so, it hasn't been done. :crazy:
Farview

Post by Farview »

Still don't get how that classifies as a pointy guitar. A Warnock is a pointy guitar. An explorer, a V, a Kelly, an ML... those are pointy guitars. A vaguely start shape with no straight lines, pointy?

And yes, anyone who doesn't own a freaking screwdriver is a useless individual that shouldn't have any friends.