Amplitube 4 60% Off until May 11th.

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Amplitube 4 60% Off until May 11th.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I should have posted this earlier i'm a shitty admin.

Amplitube 4 60% Off Until May 11th.

:sherlock: :sherlock:
:happytrees:
rammer24

Re: Amplitube 4 60% Off until May 11th.

Post by rammer24 »

Cool! I might go for this. I have 2 days to think about it. I'll make a decision by tonight. The price is definitely right. I just don't know if all the features are going to be worth it. I don't need the acoustic pedal, and I'm not sure if I need anything that has to do with cabs and speakers since I have a shit ton to choose from in the batch of cab sims I got from Greg. Even if I were to use the Amplitube cabs, I don't need the "Cab room". Something I'll never use.

Just thinking out loud. For the price, it might still be worth picking up.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:48 pm Cool! I might go for this. I have 2 days to think about it. I'll make a decision by tonight. The price is definitely right. I just don't know if all the features are going to be worth it. I don't need the acoustic pedal, and I'm not sure if I need anything that has to do with cabs and speakers since I have a shit ton to choose from in the batch of cab sims I got from Greg. Even if I were to use the Amplitube cabs, I don't need the "Cab room". Something I'll never use.

Hey you want some Vintage 30 impulses too?
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:48 pm Cool! I might go for this. I have 2 days to think about it. I'll make a decision by tonight. The price is definitely right. I just don't know if all the features are going to be worth it. I don't need the acoustic pedal, and I'm not sure if I need anything that has to do with cabs and speakers since I have a shit ton to choose from in the batch of cab sims I got from Greg. Even if I were to use the Amplitube cabs, I don't need the "Cab room". Something I'll never use.

I think you can download a demo version and try it out a bit. it won't overwrite your amplitube 3 either. It is a separate piece of software.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 pm
Hey you want some Vintage 30 impulses too?
yes. :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

What are those? Speakers? Cabs?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 pm What are those? Speakers? Cabs?
Celestion Vintage 30s in an oversized Mesa 4x12. SM57. Different positions.
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 pm

yes. :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
I'll PM them to you.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yeah man. I'm in!!!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Wow, great price, IIRC, AT4 cost me 3x that much, but it was also when it was first released so...

Don't sell the "Cab Room" short until you've tried it...Remember the panning thing where I mentioned Angus & Malcom's room/reverb faintly coming through the channel opposite where their guitar is panned??? Really easy & simple to mimic, even using external cabs/impulses...It's basically a set of stereo room mics, that can be used on anything, drums, vocals, not just guitars...

In AT4, there are 3 different places to use all the fx too, the pedalboard, the fx loop (just like a guitar amp), & the rack...There's the ability to use any of those effects in any of the 3 places now too (IE: stompboxes in the rack, rack effects as a stompbox)...

While the effects in AT4 are mainly aimed for guitar, they work & sound good on other things too, plus there's a lot of different routing/input configurations you can use...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

The thing about the cab room is that I can get that effect with reverb. I often pan a guitar to one side and the reverb to another. Not saying the cab room is ueless. But I'd rather have the whole "band" in the same room by using the same reverb on drums, guitar, etc...
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:07 pm The thing about the cab room is that I can get that effect with reverb. I often pan a guitar to one side and the reverb to another. Not saying the cab room is ueless. But I'd rather have the whole "band" in the same room by using the same reverb on drums, guitar, etc...
That's basically what I was talking about dude, disabling/muting everything except the cab room's faders & using AT4 as a reverb for everything... :smiles:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Minerman wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 5:20 pm
rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:07 pm The thing about the cab room is that I can get that effect with reverb. I often pan a guitar to one side and the reverb to another. Not saying the cab room is ueless. But I'd rather have the whole "band" in the same room by using the same reverb on drums, guitar, etc...
That's basically what I was talking about dude, disabling/muting everything except the cab room's faders & using AT4 as a reverb for everything... :smiles:
I am totally trying this minernuggs. thanks buddy!!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 5:48 pm I am totally trying this minernuggs. thanks buddy!!
It's all good dude...Don't forget about the effects in AT4 either dude, some of 'em are pretty impressive & you don't have to use 'em for just guitars...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I would never do that. I'd do the other way around. But why would I used Amplitube's reverb when I have Lexicon impulses and other much better reverbs? I'm not putting Amplitube's reverb on my drums.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rammer24 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 5:52 pm I would never do that. I'd do the other way around. But why would I used Amplitube's reverb when I have Lexicon impulses and other much better reverbs? I'm not putting Amplitube's reverb on my drums.
Well, nothing is saying you have to rammer but it's good to have some thing different available. I am not sure i would ever use this as an example of why to by the software though, i think miner is just trying to hit home that if you want to maximize your investment and have another tool in your tool belt this is an option available to you.

I sort of think i'd apply the cab room and stereo mics on vocals and acoustic guitars if i am honest. I think it is a great idea and I want to try it out. :sherlock:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

For sure. I wasn't shooting down his idea. I was just saying it's not a selling point for me. Nothing wrong with having as many tools as possible in your tool box. Well, I say that but sometimes I wish I didn't have so many choices. But generally, it's a good thing. :)