Tempting. very tempting.

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Tempting. very tempting.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I want this. but 600 feels pretty steep.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Re: Tempting. very tempting.

Post by Lt. Bob »

seems a little highish to me too ..... another hundred bucks and there's new stuff you can buy
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 2:42 pm seems a little highish to me too ..... another hundred bucks and there's new stuff you can buy
right? the consumer in is reading between the lines of all that is described and i think there might be more to it that that and he isn't going to stray to far from 600 bucks.

I'll keep casually looking.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

God Dam.

about 10 years ago this was my holy grail dream amp.

the price isn't unreasonable considering what it is. I am worried it hasn't ever been loved they way it should have been loved. I *could* technically go get this to satisfy 30 year old me. But it would mean forgoing the garage door and or the deck. Or just just go see him with 1000 bucks in hand and see if he bites at that. cash always speaks.

Given how much time i spend in that room lately it might not go over so well with boss lady.

But shit. IT"S A 100W SOLDANO FOR UNDER 2K!!! How do I explain that to her. :lollers2: :coolstorybro:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm God Dam.

the price isn't unreasonable considering what it is. I am worried it hasn't ever been loved they way it should have been loved. I *could* technically go get this to satisfy 30 year old me. But it would mean forgoing the garage door and or the deck. Or just just go see him with 1000 bucks in hand and see if he bites at that. cash always speaks.

Given how much time i spend in that room lately it might not go over so well with boss lady.

But shit. IT"S A 100W SOLDANO FOR UNDER 2K!!! How do I explain that to her. :lollers2: :coolstorybro:
That amp is only the overdrive channel of the famous SLO. Which also happens to be the only channel anyone uses on the SLO. Seems like a good deal. Go get it.

Tell Mrs K that Greg said it was okay. She'll be cool with it. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm God Dam.

That amp is only the overdrive channel of the famous SLO. Which also happens to be the only channel anyone uses on the SLO. Seems like a good deal. Go get it.

Tell Mrs K that Greg said it was okay. She'll be cool with it. :coolstorybro:
:lollers2: :like:

Funny part is, You're probably right. "Oh Greg said it's ok. Well go get it"

I can hear the conversation now. :facepalm:

The SLO is in fact a dream machine too but if i am to be honest there might be a bit more amp there that i don't know that i'd ever use. Sure i'd love to have one! if it just landed in my lap at no cost to me. but these things never happen as i understand it haha.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 2:03 pm

:lollers2: :like:

Funny part is, You're probably right. "Oh Greg said it's ok. Well go get it"

I can hear the conversation now. :facepalm:

The SLO is in fact a dream machine too but if i am to be honest there might be a bit more amp there that i don't know that i'd ever use. Sure i'd love to have one! if it just landed in my lap at no cost to me. but these things never happen as i understand it haha.
That's what's good about this Avenger. It's just the SLO's famous OD channel without any of the other stuff.
Rebel Yell