Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

Re: Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

Post by liv_rong »

Armistice wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 am Made any cool noises with the Afterneath you'd care to share?
Some stuff using that:

antichef

Post by antichef »

20170910_142300.jpg
I'm trying to prep myself for playing gigs where I'm playing clean nice sounds with smallish amps (unlike usual). I had a couple of those last year and thought it would be nice to have a dedicated board, so that's what I'm working on here. I wish I could fit the Parapedal on the board (or any board), but I will just have to carry it separately and cable it in.

I modded the Big Muff and the Distortion+

I'm having a great time using this board through a champ clone at my house. Maybe I'll get another gig where I can use it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by antichef on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antichef

Post by antichef »

20170910_142453.jpg
And here's the board I use with bigger amps, for the most part. The tube screamer isn't usually there, and instead it's some other overdrive pedal, but I think I'll use the tube screamer for now on. For most of my gigging career, I only had one pedal - a TS-10.

I also usually have the Ditto looper on this board (hence the dangling patch cables), although I don't use it much. Or the flanger or the echo - really it's just the fuzz and the wah and tuner that I use with my loud band.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice! How do you like the Blue Sky live?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Fuck the pedals, that 7-Up crate is bad ass. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
antichef

Post by antichef »

Love the 7-up thing. We'll see how durable it is, but it seems like it will be fine.

I just got the Blue Sky and haven't used it live yet. I always hated amp spring reverbs, and then I found out I hated pretty much all reverb pedals also. But the Blue Sky does sound good, I have to admit - all the settings, but I really like the plate. I'm still a little worried about using it in a hall that has real room reverb going on - seems like added together the pedal and natural reverb might sound like ass.

liv_rong - I see you have the el capistan - like it?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Gotcha. I love verbs and delays, but I use them in what most would probably find an annoying way. I love the el Capistan! I listed over that thing for years and wasn't let down when I got it and still haven't been.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Instead of starting a new thread showing where I nailed a few pieces of wood together & painted it, thought I'd just keep this thread going since I'm gonna use some of Liv's ideas to make my own pedal board...

I don't need or want a big board, the pedals I'll mainly have on it are dirt/boost pedals, most modulation/time based effects I'll get from the daw...

Eventually I plan on getting a TS-9 (or similar), some sort of an A/B/Y split box to use 2 amps if I wanna, & maybe a better univibe pedal, but that'd be about it, it'd be pretty simple, so I was thinking about 24" x 12" would probably be plenty of room...Just a simple One Spot power supply would probably be plenty, the main reason I wanna do this is to keep all the cables hidden/tidy & have everything half-assed organized...

Gonna have a look to see how much wood I have left from the ISO cab build, not sure but there may be enough to throw something together...The chain link thing is cool, but I'll probably go with velcro or dual hook in case I wanna move anything...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Minerman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 am Instead of starting a new thread showing where I nailed a few pieces of wood together & painted it, thought I'd just keep this thread going since I'm gonna use some of Liv's ideas to make my own pedal board...

I don't need or want a big board, the pedals I'll mainly have on it are dirt/boost pedals, most modulation/time based effects I'll get from the daw...

Eventually I plan on getting a TS-9 (or similar), some sort of an A/B/Y split box to use 2 amps if I wanna, & maybe a better univibe pedal, but that'd be about it, it'd be pretty simple, so I was thinking about 24" x 12" would probably be plenty of room...Just a simple One Spot power supply would probably be plenty, the main reason I wanna do this is to keep all the cables hidden/tidy & have everything half-assed organized...

Gonna have a look to see how much wood I have left from the ISO cab build, not sure but there may be enough to throw something together...The chain link thing is cool, but I'll probably go with velcro or dual hook in case I wanna move anything...
Sweet! Where do you live? Im pretty sure Ive asked that before lol
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm Sweet! Where do you live? Im pretty sure Ive asked that before lol
Dryden, VA USA
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

More change again.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:47 pm More change again.
That's a nice pedal board dude...I'll probably be starting on mine Monday, I had a look at the scrap pile from the ISO cab build, & there just ain't enough, so I'll have to take a trip to the hardware store, about 5 miles each way...

I'll post some pics when I get it started, thanks for posting yours dude, I'm gonna use yours as a guide...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Minerman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:32 pm
liv_rong wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:47 pm More change again.
That's a nice pedal board dude...I'll probably be starting on mine Monday, I had a look at the scrap pile from the ISO cab build, & there just ain't enough, so I'll have to take a trip to the hardware store, about 5 miles each way...

I'll post some pics when I get it started, thanks for posting yours dude, I'm gonna use yours as a guide...
I was going to offer building you one but the shipping sucks.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I just ordered some more cables and bought some more dual lock. My ocd doesn’t like the sideways pedals. Before it was out of necessity but now everything can fit nicely so I’m going to move some things around. I think after it’s done I’m going to do a short video.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

liv_rong

Those are some great clean soundscape sounds man. Maybe a little dark, but I'm not listening very loud at the moment. Very cool pedals.

In the spirit of this thread, here is my current pedalboard:

00-00-00-800 (3) (Large).JPG
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Nice liv ..... I want all your pedals but in particular the two Strymons and the Avelanch Run.

Nice recording too!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:50 pm liv_rong

Those are some great clean soundscape sounds man. Maybe a little dark, but I'm not listening very loud at the moment. Very cool pedals.

In the spirit of this thread, here is my current pedalboard:

00-00-00-800 (3) (Large).JPG
Thread winner
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice! I want that Mesa lol. What’s on top of the Fender?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I do recognise the thing on top of the Fender - I think I have a plugin of it.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

That's a Torpedo ..... a cab sim and I believe an attenuator