Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Tadpui

Re: Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

Post by Tadpui »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 am Nice! I want that Mesa lol. What’s on top of the Fender?
JD01 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 am I do recognise the thing on top of the Fender - I think I have a plugin of it.
Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am That's a Torpedo ..... a cab sim and I believe an attenuator
Yeah, it's a Two Notes Torpedo Reload. It's an attenuator/loadbox, DI, and reamp box. This model doesn't do speaker simulation, instead it depends on you using Wall Of Sound III, which is Two Notes' speaker/cab/mic/room sim. It's pretty cool overall, but it's taken me a long time to get to know it well enough to start getting better tones out of it. I have to admit, it's pretty damned convincing. Not perfect, and not as good as having 12" speakers rattling the walls and hitting me in the chest...but as far as (nearly) silently playing through a raging tube head or combo, I really do enjoy the results.

It was pretty expensive, especially since they released the Two Notes Captor that looks like a much better bang-for-buck. My main problem with the Reload is that it feeds back if I get too close to it. That's made it damn near impossible to do a video review of it, since I can't get close enough to it to get it in the camera frame at the same time as me!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm I just ordered some more cables and bought some more dual lock. My ocd doesn’t like the sideways pedals. Before it was out of necessity but now everything can fit nicely so I’m going to move some things around. I think after it’s done I’m going to do a short video.
Done. Not the cleanest underneath but it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That's awesome liv. I like how none of your pedals are the standard usual stuff you find on any pedalboard...like mine. Mine's boring as hell. I also like that 4-jack module thing. I still need to get one.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

man those are nice boards!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That looks great, Liv. I’d love to have a mess about with your pedal board cos I wouldn’t have a clue what anything does. I’d just be randomly pressing buttons.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks dudes. My wife is not impressed though lol
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Agreed, that looks great, man. Love the pedal selection and the board itself. Nice work!
rayc

Post by rayc »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:32 pm Thanks dudes. My wife is not impressed though lol
Really? It's neat, tidy, looks good. What is out of the picture that annoys her?
Cheers
rayc
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:32 pm Thanks dudes. My wife is not impressed though lol
Doesn't matter your wife ain't impressed dude, we're what really matters... :lollers:

All shit aside, looks great man, check your pm's...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjLBNmuO9c[/BBvideo]
Interesting - if only for the ideas about volume and not having everything as loud as everything else.
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

rayc wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:19 pm
Really? It's neat, tidy, looks good. What is out of the picture that annoys her?
[/quote]

The cost associated with it :robus:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Good point.
Cheers
rayc
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I'd planned on just throwing a simple board together, but since talking with Liv, I've decided to get one of his nice boards instead...

I'm gonna go with a One Spot daisy chain power supply, unless someone has a suggestion that might be better & possibly save me a headache like noise...Everything on the board will be drive/dirt going into the front of the amp(s)...

Something I'm really wondering about is an A/B/Y box, as I plan on running into both amps at once, & wanna make sure both amps are getting proper signal going into 'em both...Any suggestions???
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I have a Jet City A/B/Y.

Works good, nothing fancy.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 pm
liv_rong wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm I just ordered some more cables and bought some more dual lock. My ocd doesn’t like the sideways pedals. Before it was out of necessity but now everything can fit nicely so I’m going to move some things around. I think after it’s done I’m going to do a short video.
Done. Not the cleanest underneath but it works.
ohhhhhhh....

I had the pleasure of being introduced to that El Capistan pedal a few nights ago over at Hatfield Creeks (barely comes around here anymore) place. It sounded really cool with his new tele. Pedals really are a foreign language to me but i definitely hear a big difference in his sound with the tele that el capistan.

:like: :like:
:happytrees:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:30 am I have a Jet City A/B/Y.
Works good, nothing fancy.
Thanks dude, something like that would work...I've mentioned this 100 times now, but the A/B/Y, a TS9, a possible replacement/better univibe, & another dirt pedal (most likely the Bogner Blue) would be the whole shebang...

Both amps have fx loops, but I'm pretty happy with the results from the daw for modulation & delay sounds, other than the univibe thing...I have several software versions, but can't seem to get any of 'em to sound right...

I had a Bogner Red pedal a couple years ago that I liked a lot, & always wanted to try the Blue...From what I can find, the Blue has a little less gain, & is voiced a bit different than the Red, so it should be almost like another channel on my amp...The Red was pretty damn good through the DSL/Chupa & 4x12, very amp-like, so I expect the Blue to be about the same...It's expensive new ($300), but I've found a few used for about $160 or so, which is about half the new price...

Signal chain for the board would be:

univibe > SD-1 > TS-9 > Bogner Blue > wah > A/B/Y pedal

The talkbox will be on the board, but when in use the output doesn't go to the amp (the sound comes out the tube), but I'll have it on there to keep everything together, & powered from one source...Both amp footswitches will be on the board too...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I finally got off my ass & threw a cheap pedalboard together...I'd planned on buying one from Liv (sorry dude), but opted just to throw one together myself...I used the wood from some sort of crate/box thing I've had lying around here for years...It was stapled together with these big heavy-duty staples, so getting it apart was harder than actually building the board...It's 28" x 12", which is way bigger than I really need, but it gives me room to add pedals, which is something I've been wanting to do, so I've got the ball rolling sorta...

I used a can of spray bed-liner shit I've had since at least 2014, maybe before, & the only way I could get it to actually spray is to hold the can upside-down...Of course, it didn't cover the whole thing, but it didn't really have to, so I used $1/can black spray paint for the underside...The top/sides have a textured/grainy feel with the bedliner shit that should hold up to bumps/bangs pretty well...Not that I'll be moving it around much, but still...

I can't say it didn't cost me anything because I bought the crate & bed liner shit, but it's been at least 4 years since I bought those, so the cost was pretty low...Remember, I'm a cheap fucker...

It looks pretty empty right now, but I'm gonna put my talk box & amp footswitch pedals on there too...

I still need to order the velcro & most likely a One-Spot for the power, but that shouldn't cost much at all...I also combined a 15' extension cord with a power strip (took the strip apart & did it right, soldered the "new" cord to the strip) to mount under the board so I can put the board where I want/need, instead of having it only where I have an outlet...

The only pedals I'm really interested in are od/dirt pedals (and maybe a better univibe), I've been looking at those BK Butler Tube Driver/Real Tube/Ibanez Tube King pedals, so I may spring for one of those variants before too long...

I'd also been wanting a Bogner Blue od pedal, I had the Red, & it was pretty good, so the Blue should be good too...But, I've been looking at the Bogner La Grange pedals (all 3 are similar), & I may change my mind for that instead...I'd planned on buying used, but found the La Grange at MF for $190 new, where the others are like $300...Dunno what the deal is with MF, but a new pedal for the price of a used one seems pretty good to me...
I hadn't paid much attention to the La Grange pedal, but the demos I've heard are pretty good, & the channel blend knob thingie is interesting to me...

The big reason I wanna try some dirt pedals is to see if combined with my Mini Jube, I can get a tone that's close to "the" tone I had a few years ago...Of course, it won't be the same, but if I can get a ballpark sound/tone, maybe it'll cure my GAS for a little while...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Haha pretty cool minermaniac.

Those pedals are pretty expensive. That could go a long way towards.....the Chupa! :D
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice dude! Looks good! I love pedalboards!

This is my ever changing board lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 pm Haha pretty cool minermaniac.

Those pedals are pretty expensive. That could go a long way towards.....the Chupa! :D
I know dude, I know...All of those things I've been wanting for, well seems like forever dude...

The Tube Driver pedal GAS goes back to about 1987 or so, I remember seeing those in my guitar mags when I was a kid...I'm not gonna pay more than $125 or so for one, I don't care if it's beat up, as long as it works...

The Bogner will kinda replace the one I had to sell in 2015, but you are right, that'd be like $300 toward the Chupa... :biggrin:
But, maybe I can get a plexi-ish thing with a pedal & my Mini Jube too, while I'm waiting for my EVH stuff to sell...It'll happen man, I've got confidence, & I'm gonna stick it out for however long it takes...I'll get another Chupa eventually, & on the plus side, I've got some damn cool toys to play with until that happens... :cool:
liv_rong wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 pm Nice dude! Looks good! I love pedalboards!

This is my ever changing board lol
Man, I'm sorry I never pulled the trigger on that board you offered me...I gotta say, your board always looks sooo nice dude...You've definitely got skillz in the woodshop man, your boards look pro...Mine's just a hack job, which fits me well, 'cause I'm just a hack myself... :smiles:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH