NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
miroslav

Re: NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

Post by miroslav »

Roman wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 pm There's always someone. I recently sold my spare console. Guy drove 2hrs to pick it up.
Gotta be someone close by that wants the M3500.
I tried listing it locally...and was open to any reasonable offer.
Over 80 people checked out the listing...and not a single one bothered to even ask me a question, let alone make an offer.

I my try posting it on eBay...just to see if I get any bites...but it would have to be a pick-up deal by someone who really wants it that much.
People are shying away from big footprint stuff...they want to have their entire rig on a small computer desk...etc...then god forbid, with a consoie, all those cables to hook up, and way to many buttons you have actually press... :P
Roman

Post by Roman »

Hmmm. Maybe I got lucky. Put mine up on cl, and in two weeks it was gone. Didn't do a crazy price, but fair. I got two bites and one even offered me a hundred bucks more if I delivered. I opted out.

Maybe just more analog loonies the west coast. Or theres a resurgence. Guy I sold mine to was into ableton, macs, logic, waves, all modern ITB. He was missing something.......that analog goodness. :D
So I provided.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Miro, try putting it in the "Musical Instruments" section. "Men Seeking Men" is a very limited audience. :robus:
Roman

Post by Roman »

:lollers2: hah. Second time today you got me laughing.
Between this and the Wales joke, I'm set.
:coolstorybro:
Last edited by Roman on Thu May 04, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

:lollers: :like:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Cross-posting, but JD did ask for a pic of the new setup in this thread:
P1020052.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haggard Musician :mad:
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 9:31 pm Miro, try putting it in the "Musical Instruments" section. "Men Seeking Men" is a very limited audience. :robus:
I yield to your extended experience in that area. :coolstorybro:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice set up there Bubba! I alos really like that cable holder, that's a great idea. I may do something like that.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

liv_rong wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 4:40 pm Nice set up there Bubba! I alos really like that cable holder, that's a great idea. I may do something like that.
Thanks, Liv. The cable holder is really easy - it's just cheap 15mm (5/8") copper pipe mounting clips. The plugs don't clip tightly into them, they just hang there under the weight of the cables. :smiles: It's from when the kit was permanently miked up.
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Re: NEW GEAR!!

Post by JD01 »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:17 pm Cool, Bob.

My shopping list is long and depressingly expensive.
New Bass, about 300 quid
Pair of monitors, around 250 quid
New humbucker, 70 quid
2x12 cab, 200 quid
V30, 70 quid
Strat parts, 50-100 quid
Telecaster, 500 quid.

Bugger.
After getting a new bass, I decided to look back at this list that I wrote ages ago.

New Bass - Done
Pair of monitors - Done
New Humbucker - Done - Mutt, you're a gentleman.
2x12 cab - Not managed this yet.
V30 - don't need it until I get a 2x12
Strat parts - still need these, but I kinda like the guitar looking like a total slag, with one humbucker and gaps in the scratch plate where the rest of the pickups, switch and pots should be.
Telecaster - I got a PRS instead, which was a bit random, but I think the pickups were the right choice for me.

Doing OK actually - I said the other day that a 2x12 might be a long way off, but it actually might be not too far away. Its definitely higher priority that sorting out the manky strat.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

man ..... I'd love to get that M3500 if I lived close enough.
I'd take it in a second.

I'm gonna finally order my E.H. Lester G+ Deluxe leslie pedal ..... finally have the money ..... getting excited as we speak!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

GAS is slowly creeping in on me again guys...I've got a little $$$ put away I'd planned on putting toward drum shells, mesh heads & doing the acoustic to electric conversion thing, but after thinking about it, I'm just gonna play the kit(s) :biggrin: I already have & buy something else...The drums I'd be buying are only changing the look, they really wouldn't benefit anything except give me a larger area to whack with the sticks...A big downside for me is they'd take up more space, space that I'm running out of...Eventually I'll be in another house, but I can't say for certain when that's gonna happen...I already have 3 modules with enough pads/cymbals to have a ridiculous setup, so I think I'm just gonna play what I have & do the best I can with it...There isn't a single piece of gear that will improve my skills, I just need to roll up my sleeves & get on with it...

The little EVH LBX is a great little amp, but I really miss the tones from the Ceriatone amp I had, so I may splurge on an amp...I'm not 100% sure that's what I'm gonna do, because there's all kinds of gear I'd love to have, but I can say I was happiest with my guitar tones more consistently using the Ceriatone than with any other amp I've had...The EVH LBX is close, but it's still not quite there...Plus, I have the EVH 4x12 now too, which would most likely sound fuckin' great with a Ceriatone pushing it, the 'Bastard' cab did, so I'm sure the EVH cab would rock too...

I'm not gonna jump on anything before thinking it out, but I'll let you guys know what I decide... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 am man ..... I'd love to get that M3500 if I lived close enough.
I'd take it in a second.

I'm gonna finally order my E.H. Lester G+ Deluxe leslie pedal ..... finally have the money ..... getting excited as we speak!
Has it arrived yet Lt. Bob?
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I got some new batter heads for my toms and an Zotic EP Booster for Fathers Day. I havent tried the pedal yet, will get to that today, may return it if I dont dig it. Ive read in the past that it adds a bit of bass so Im hoping I can turn down the bass on my amp a little which should theoretically give me a little more headroom/power and maybe help out with tightening up my amp gain at high volumes. Also going to try it last in the loop to see what kind of volume I can get out of it. Going to experiment a bit today.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I'll be shocked if the EP isn't great.
Everything I've tried by Xotic has been awesome.

Their pedals usually have some DIP switches inside to adjust a few things like EQing and such so be sure and check for that

And no, I don't have the EH pedals yet ..... I got sidetracked and ordered a bunch of records instead.
Ordered the new Sgt Peppers on vinyl .... the first 5 Monkees albums on colored vinyl ....the Beatles 1+ DVD set and some Parliament.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I quite fancy a looper pedal - think it would be quite nice to have during the week.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am I quite fancy a looper pedal - think it would be quite nice to have during the week.
I got an RC1 and it's super fun. I highly recommend it or any other looper.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I need a channel strip more than I need the Lester G ..... I think I've settled on the Art Pro Channel II
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am I quite fancy a looper pedal - think it would be quite nice to have during the week.
The TC Flashback is a cool delay and it has a looper built in. I'm not much of a looper user, but I play with it sometimes on my Flashback.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I did buy a new piece of gear last week, but it's not musical. Well, it sort of is. More rhythmic. Percussive. It goes rat-a-tat-a-tat. Leaves holes in things.
Rebel Yell