NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
rammer24

Re: NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

Post by rammer24 »

HAHA! Greg Flintstone!!!!
fredangeldevil.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Just got a Boss RC1 delivered today, should be fun to mess around with.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Already discussed this in the drum forum, but this is the place for it.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371778297019
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Sometime this week I'm buying a mint used pair of Yamaha HS8 monitor speakers. I'm really stoked to use them. I feel that the low end is one of the bits of my mixing that is falling behind the rest in terms of keeping it under control and balancing it correctly. In order to do that, I guess I'm going to need to hear it properly. :sherlock:

So, if any British Rebels fancy some Yamaha HS5s, there will be a pair going spare very soon. :)
Haggard Musician :mad:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Bubba wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 am Sometime this week I'm buying a mint used pair of Yamaha HS8 monitor speakers. I'm really stoked to use them. I feel that the low end is one of the bits of my mixing that is falling behind the rest in terms of keeping it under control and balancing it correctly. In order to do that, I guess I'm going to need to hear it properly. :sherlock:

So, if any British Rebels fancy some Yamaha HS5s, there will be a pair going spare very soon. :)
Nice :punk:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 am Sometime this week I'm buying a mint used pair of Yamaha HS8 monitor speakers. I'm really stoked to use them. I feel that the low end is one of the bits of my mixing that is falling behind the rest in terms of keeping it under control and balancing it correctly. In order to do that, I guess I'm going to need to hear it properly. :sherlock:

Cool. But is your room treated?
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Cool. But is your room treated?
Funny you should ask that. In the room I've been using recently, the treatment isn't great. I used a few movable gobos of rockwool framed in wood and covered with fabric, but the bass isn't very prominent with the HS5s so I've been managing ok in there. I use my cans to check the low end isn't going crazy.

So now my son is at college most of the year I decided to break down his kit and put them all in cases, then move all my mixing gear into the drum tracking room. Every wall has a chequerboard of acoustic foam on it and so does the ceiling. The floor is laminate with a 4' x 3' thin rubber-backed rug for my office chair. I have enough bass traps to have one in every corner plus a free-standing one which I put behind my chair. So for once I will have monitors with great bass response, plus pretty good acoustic treatment :punk:

I can't wait. :biggrin:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Hey dudes, I'm still alive, & I'm still doin' the e-drum thing...Not a big purchase at all, but I'm gonna splurge on a couple rack adapters that allow me to put my cymbal booms directly on top/inside of my rack tubes...should make a little room for better adjustment for my pads, & allow me to add more if I wanna...

The biggest decision I'll have on this is to buy chrome or black...They're about the same price, & do the exact same thing, so it's not an agonizing choice...Right now I'm leaning toward the black because it'd fit my rack better cosmetically, but the chrome is shiny & looks cool too...

Here's a pic showing what I'm rambling on about:

I'd like some bigger & more realistic tom pads...What I have are fine for what I do, but it would be nice to have some realistic looking/feeling shells...Since I'm locked into Yamaha products, I'll have to take a chance on another manufacturer's pad, most likely an Alesis, to see how they react/trigger with my module...All the other drum pads use about the same trigger configuration, except Yamaha (that I'm aware of anyway)...For the dual/multi-zone pads, Yamaha uses a piezo/switch for their triggers...Most of the other manufacturers use piezo/piezo... I can get a used Alesis 8" single zone pad for about $10 used, so it won't cost a lot to get an idea how well this will work...

Something like this (but another color most likely), 8"/10"/12"14" etc:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I'd like some bigger & more realistic tom pads...What I have are fine for what I do, but it would be nice to have some realistic looking/feeling shells...Since I'm locked into Yamaha products, I'll have to take a chance on another manufacturer's pad, most likely an Alesis, to see how they react/trigger with my module...All the other drum pads use about the same trigger configuration, except Yamaha (that I'm aware of anyway)...For the dual/multi-zone pads, Yamaha uses a piezo/switch for their triggers...Most of the other manufacturers use piezo/piezo... I can get a used Alesis 8" single zone pad for about $10 used, so it won't cost a lot to get an idea how well this will work...

Something like this (but another color most likely), 8"/10"/12"14" etc:
Wait, so that's a pad, not a drum? :confused:

My own news is that HS8 guy has fallen off of the radar in the last couple of days. The speakers are at his parents' house so I assume he posts on FB and checks his messages when he's there. What is it with sellers that seem to have no sense of urgency when contacting prospective buyers? It was the same when I was buying my JVM! :confused: :cuckoo: I have the cash here and I want them. Fucking get a move on.

Arsehole! :mad3: :hitler: :mad: :headwall:

:biggrin:
Last edited by Bubba on Thu May 04, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

The HS8s have landed! :biggrin:

They're big. Very big. They're a nice-sounding speaker. They have a big booty. :biggrin:

I'm going to need to trim some timber off my recent mixes, though.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cool. Send us some pics of your setup.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Happy new gear day - to me
happy new gear day - to me
happy new gear day, dear Bubba
Happy new gear day - to me!

No pics of the setup, yet - I'll do it tomorrow. :smug: :punk:
HS8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Nice. :like:
Roman

Post by Roman »

I just picked up a vintage Alesis Quadreverb for 30 bucks. Clean and works just fine! I know it's "90s vintage" 16 bit technology, but that box has some great sounds in it. Now I got two! On Evilbay they're usually 100 bucks on up, and you don't know what you got till it arrives.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Hey Roman,

You just reminded me that I have 2 Alesis Nano-verbs sitting in a closet for the alst 10 years, if not more.

If you want them, they're yours. If you don't, let me know either way. I'll start a new thread and offer them to anyone if you don't.

Free...dust and everything.
IMG_0908.JPG
Roman

Post by Roman »

Thanks man!
But I'm set. Pass em on to someone worthy that could use them.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Cool! I'll post them somewhere.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 7:10 pm Cool! I'll post them somewhere.
Maybe have a "Free Gear" category over in the Marketplace section...or a sticky in the classified forum...?
I've got some stuff piling up that is not worth putting on the market to sell (by the time you pay the fees and all that), but might still be of interest to some people.

If someone wants to come pick up my TASCAM M3500 console...it's yours. :P
Roman

Post by Roman »

There's always someone. I recently sold my spare console. Guy drove 2hrs to pick it up.
Gotta be someone close by that wants the M3500.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

miroslav wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:32 pm Maybe have a "Free Gear" category over in the Marketplace section...or a sticky in the classified forum...?
I've got some stuff piling up that is not worth putting on the market to sell (by the time you pay the fees and all that), but might still be of interest to some people.

If someone wants to come pick up my TASCAM M3500 console...it's yours. :P
Good idea. For now, I started a thread at O'Flannagan's. :like: