NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 pm 20171014_105404.jpg

So I had a bit of a WTF moment when I saw the fretboard - I hadn't seen the guitar - while I hadn't ordered it, it was already on its way to the shop and I'd put a holding deposit on it.

It's ebony, BTW. The guys at the shop hadn't seen it either and I think they were a little alarmed so they gave me another $100 off without my asking, from what was already a hugely discounted price. Fine by me.

Then I read up on what's happening with ebony and watched the Bob Taylor video.

I'm out all day today - I may post some toans tomorrow night perhaps and do a proper thread on it with decent pics so Greg can avoid it completely... :lollers:
Nice guitar. Looking forward to hearing it on a typical Armistice song.

I think I watched a video from Taylor about ebony too. Is it the one where hes saying about up until recently figured ebony like that was pretty much wasted? They have a factory in Senegal dont they?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

That is one nice looking guitar!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

So I got one of these things...

Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Re-amping? Cool. What brought that about?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:26 pm Re-amping? Cool. What brought that about?
Local people wanting me to reamp their shit through my Marshalls. I'll go record them DI through some sims for monitoring, or they can record their shit themselves and send it to me. Either way beats having them here blowing my ears out while they figure out how to play.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

That's cool. I love the option of re-amping. My re-amp box is a lot simpler looking than yours.I think I only have a volume control and that's about it, if I'm not mistaken.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm That's cool. I love the option of re-amping. My re-amp box is a lot simpler looking than yours.I think I only have a volume control and that's about it, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah they had the more basic one, but with all the coupons and shit I had I got this next step up for the same price, so fuck it.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That's awesome man. What a genius way to help out others. Good guy greg. What did that run you ?
:happytrees:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 pm What a genius way to help out others. Good guy greg.
Ghandi le Bloodshit.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 pm That's awesome man. What a genius way to help out others. Good guy greg. What did that run you ?
$118
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 pm That's awesome man. What a genius way to help out others. Good guy greg. What did that run you ?
$118
You could probably turn a tidy profit on that in no time!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:30 pm
Maybe. I wouldn't charge my friends, but who knows. If word got out I'd probably start charging people.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:30 pm
Maybe. I wouldn't charge my friends, but who knows. If word got out I'd probably start charging people.
Cool - I suppose, if you're enjoying doing it for your mates no worries, but if it becomes in a pain in the arse you'll start wanting some recompense.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm
Cool - I suppose, if you're enjoying doing it for your mates no worries, but if it becomes in a pain in the arse you'll start wanting some recompense.
The "pain in the ass" that I've encountered already is people wanting more or less from a track. I'll say, "Tell me what you want it to sound like" and they do and I give them what I think they asked for. Then they come back with wanting more bass or more mids or more or less gain, and I'm like, "This is what you get, make it work". Lol. I'm not sitting around all day obliging their every fucking change of mind.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm
The "pain in the ass" that I've encountered already is people wanting more or less from a track. I'll say, "Tell me what you want it to sound like" and they do and I give them what I think they asked for. Then they come back with wanting more bass or more mids or more or less gain, and I'm like, "This is what you get, make it work". Lol. I'm not sitting around all day obliging their every fucking change of mind.
That would get right on my tits. Especially if you're doing them a favour! If I ever ask you to re-amp anything I want the sound from 1:05 in True North.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm
That would get right on my tits. Especially if you're doing them a favour! If I ever ask you to re-amp anything I want the sound from 1:05 in True North.
That one's pretty easy.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I've been wanting one of these for years now, so I said fuck it & took enough out of the savings jar to buy one...The 2202 will have to wait, & I may not even buy it since I like the mini Jubilee so much...

I attempted to ghetto-build a talkbox about 3 years ago, using a cheap set of headphones & some cheap earbuds, but it didn't work anywhere near how I'd hoped... :facepalm:

I'm putting a small pedalboard together with a talkbox, a wah, a boost or two (SD-1 & Tubescreamer...I already have the SD-1) & a uni-vibe...Most of the other effects like chorus/flanger/delay/etc, I can get in the daw...But even though I do have a Danelectro Cool Cat vibe, I just can't get the tones I'm after with either, so I'll probably get another uni-vibe pedal eventually...

The talkbox will be here sometime next week...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That sounds like it could make some terrible noises.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I didn't know you could still get these things. Minerman Frampton! Minerman Walsh!

Can't wait to hear it.

I'd love one, but I'd use it once, and then put it away forever... as is only proper. :lollers:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Armistice wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 am I didn't know you could still get these things. Minerman Frampton! Minerman Walsh!

Can't wait to hear it.

I'd love one, but I'd use it once, and then put it away forever... as is only proper. :lollers:
$279 at my "local" guitar shop. In stock. Who knew? :biggrin: