NAD! Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
rayc

Re: NAD! Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus

Post by rayc »

I did a little revisiting of MccGeogh's musical history as well as listening to the Radio 6 doco again. I'n def. not a Visage fan.
I didn't like Souxie & C. - not even with him in it. I do have their 1st album and the singles LP but I'm no fan. His era of PiL was fine - I prefer the Levene/Wobble version, (less "normal" I suppose), but I have stuff from his time and enjoy it.
No one has a negative word to say about him. Amazing that he did the 2nd album tour then returned to finish his Fine Arts degree and come through that with a well received exhibition and 1st Class honours.
He only used three pedals - Flange, Chorus and Compressor and one of those was built in anyway. I read that when he left Magazine all he took were those pedals, the guitar and amp.
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

rayc wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 am I did a little revisiting of MccGeogh's musical history as well as listening to the Radio 6 doco again. I'n def. not a Visage fan.
I didn't like Souxie & C. - not even with him in it. I do have their 1st album and the singles LP but I'm no fan. His era of PiL was fine - I prefer the Levene/Wobble version, (less "normal" I suppose), but I have stuff from his time and enjoy it.
No one has a negative word to say about him. Amazing that he did the 2nd album tour then returned to finish his Fine Arts degree and come through that with a well received exhibition and 1st Class honours.
He only used three pedals - Flange, Chorus and Compressor and one of those was built in anyway. I read that when he left Magazine all he took were those pedals, the guitar and amp.
He used a Yamaha delay unit too, but that was a stand alone thing, not really a pedal.
Haggard Musician :mad:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice amp man!