Ooh, ooh! Greg!

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Tadpui

Ooh, ooh! Greg!

Post by Tadpui »

https://reverb.com/news/remainder-of-fe ... s-revealed

This made me immediately think of you. I know you hate telecasters and their circumcision-gone-wrong headstocks. But what if a Tele had jazzmaster pickups and tailpiece and headstock? Is the Tele body style a deal breaker?
Bubba

Re: Ooh, ooh! Greg!

Post by Bubba »

I don't understand the tailpiece and bridge placement on the Jazz tele. I thought they made a good move on the Modern Player Jazzmasters by moving the tailpiece closer to the bridge, thus increasing the break angle. They've gone back to the original configuration.

Other than that, all those models are completely hideous.
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Jesus, those models are a mess. I kinda like the white guard stray Tele and that's it
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 am https://reverb.com/news/remainder-of-fe ... s-revealed

This made me immediately think of you. I know you hate telecasters and their circumcision-gone-wrong headstocks. But what if a Tele had jazzmaster pickups and tailpiece and headstock? Is the Tele body style a deal breaker?
Yeah I don't like any of those. I guess that red JagStrat is okay, but none of those really do anything for me. The whiteguard Strat is okay. I just don't like the look of Telecasters.

I still like the Meteroa weirdo surf Tele looking thing the best, and I probably won't like it's scale length. The Jag is pretty much the only Fender guitar for me. Love Fender amps, hate the guitars.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I had a Starcaster with those 'wide-range' 'buckers in it.
Good lord those were good sounding p'ups ....... that's a git I really regret getting rid of
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Tough crowd :D

I have to admit, I really like that Tele/Jazz mutant.

OK Greg, I definitely found the perfect Fender for you. Stay with me here: It's a Fender with a Les Paul body, a Les Paul neck, classic Gibson humbucking pickups, Les Paul style toggle. Also, it's made by Gibson and says Les Paul on the headstock. :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:09 pm Tough crowd :D

I have to admit, I really like that Tele/Jazz mutant.

OK Greg, I definitely found the perfect Fender for you. Stay with me here: It's a Fender with a Les Paul body, a Les Paul neck, classic Gibson humbucking pickups, Les Paul style toggle. Also, it's made by Gibson and says Les Paul on the headstock. :D
I'm intrigued, tell me more! :coolstorybro:

I just have no use for any Fender guitar. I first started plucking strings when I was about 14-15. Since then, besides the Strat that I have which was straight up just given to me, I've never had any desire to buy one for myself. I love Fender amps, couldn't care less about the guitars.

I will give the Meteora a good look though when I finally see one in person.
Rebel Yell