Anyone want a 2x12?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: Anyone want a 2x12?

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 pm
JD01 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm WJ I now use an oversize 2x12. You could get one of those. It was pretty cheap too.
I will have a look around. I would want an over sized one i think, physics being what it is. Compact seems, less than good. I think traynor do make respectable 2x12's. I will have a look and see what they offer.
Take a look at this:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... intage.htm
This is the cheapest way I could find of getting a 2x12 with decent speakers in it. Seems to be well built and I like it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 pm

I will have a look around. I would want an over sized one i think, physics being what it is. Compact seems, less than good. I think traynor do make respectable 2x12's. I will have a look and see what they offer.
Take a look at this:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... intage.htm
This is the cheapest way I could find of getting a 2x12 with decent speakers in it. Seems to be well built and I like it.
My local shop has one of these in stock last time i was in and was on sale. I have read good things about it and i have seen this particular one used on stage here locally. I think i could do a lot worse. only really shitty deal is it already has V30's in it. I already have a 4x12 with V30's so in that respect it is sort of a waste of cash unless i were to take them out and put in something else?
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yeah why would you want more V30s?
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:45 pm Yeah why would you want more V30s?
I don't. i'd probably sell them or trade for something different 100% At least one of them. the orange cab isn't mine technically. it's on loan until my brothers kids are at an age that they aren't going stick a knife through the mesh or dump kool aid in it. I should really get that traynor and switch out one can for something else?
:happytrees: