A Telecaster for those who don't like Telecasters

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

A Telecaster for those who don't like Telecasters

Post by Lt. Bob »

I think this is pretty cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Re: A Telecaster for those who don't like Telecasters

Post by JD01 »

Looks like something from a 50s Diner. I like it.
rayc

Post by rayc »

A Mustang/Jazzmaster body with Tele parts. interesting.
I'd've been tempted to move the control strip further south to use up some of the wasted real estate & get the toggle away from my erratic bridge based strum.
Cheers
rayc
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Pretty cool Bob, I'm still on the fence with that body style, but I'm warming up to it...I do love that color though...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

A Jagstangcaster.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:34 amA Jagstangcaster.
sounds Norwegian
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That is pretty cool actually. I'd probably chase that rig down to be honest. this would be a pretty interesting guitar to own. it is o.k. - 5 points for the maple neck. that would be getting changed out for something not that pretty quick though. blech.
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

I have a customer just commissioned an offset tele.. He wants it based on this..

I'm working on tinkering with the outline while he nails down the choice of timber and pups... I think its gonna be a good one.
Black Label FKV25JJ John Jorgenson.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

muttley wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:56 am I have a customer just commissioned an offset tele.. He wants it based on this..

I'm working on tinkering with the outline while he nails down the choice of timber and pups... I think its gonna be a good one.

Black Label FKV25JJ John Jorgenson.jpg
What does the extra knob do?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 pm That is pretty cool actually. I'd probably chase that rig down to be honest. this would be a pretty interesting guitar to own. it is o.k. - 5 points for the maple neck. that would be getting changed out for something not that pretty quick though. blech.
I like maple necks in pics, but not so much in real life. The Tele i played to get a feel of the 2016 N4 pickups had a maple neck, and I thought, nah, rosewood. And ended up with ebony. I already have two maple necks on other guitars.
muttley

Post by muttley »

I'm not 100% certain because I was only asked to tinker with the outline of that guitar but I think from memory thats the Jorgenson model which has dummy ghost coils on the pickups that effectively turn the single coils into partial hum cancelers... I'm not sure if thats to wind them in or maybe a blend pot. There is prolly a spec somewhere online but right now I'm unpacking after our week away and being nagged to help round the place so dont have time to look into it......
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I like the offset Tele. One of Crimsons standard models is an offset Tele.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Armistice wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 pm That is pretty cool actually. I'd probably chase that rig down to be honest. this would be a pretty interesting guitar to own. it is o.k. - 5 points for the maple neck. that would be getting changed out for something not that pretty quick though. blech.
I like maple necks in pics, but not so much in real life. The Tele i played to get a feel of the 2016 N4 pickups had a maple neck, and I thought, nah, rosewood. And ended up with ebony. I already have two maple necks on other guitars.
I think the key with a maple neck is that it has to be unfinished ..... I don't like them generally but I built a tele and used a completely unfinished maple neck and it feels awesome.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 pm
I think the key with a maple neck is that it has to be unfinished ..... I don't like them generally but I built a tele and used a completely unfinished maple neck and it feels awesome.
I agree. I don't like the thick glossy plastic-like finish that Fender puts on some of their maple necks. An unfinished maple neck/fretboard is way better to me.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

The standard Mexican ones that I was playing on last year were all the unfinished maple necks - they're really nice. I find the thick glossy finished horrible. I don't like the finish on the neck of my PRS and didn't like it on my Washburn either.