Incoming NAD...

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Minerman

Incoming NAD...

Post by Minerman »

Well dudes, the new ISO cab build has opened the door for guitar tones again, GAS has gotten the best of me, & to be honest, I'm just fuckin' sick of wanting this or that, so I'm gonna check something off my "list"...

I've ordered a Ceriatone 2202 for a birthday (November)/Christmas present to myself...I'm waiting on a confirmation e-mail from Nik (Ceriatone's owner) to find out if they have that amp in their USA shop, or if I'll have to wait for it to be built/shipped...If it's in stock in the USA, it'll only take a few days to get here, but if it has to be built, it'll probably be about 6 weeks or so...

I'll let you guys know more details as soon as I find out myself...

I'm really excited about this, & after doing all kinds of reading/digging/listening, this amp should put me pretty close to where I was before with the Chupacabra...The pre-amp, tonestack, & gain structure should be pretty similar, the bright, fat & boost switches on the 2202 are similar to the bright/era switches on the Chupa, which basically changed the value of the bright cap, changed voicings & added gain...

The only thing I'm not totally sure about are the 6V6 power tubes...I really like the EVH amp, it's a little monster, but I'm just not a big fan of how the EL84 power section breaks up when pushed...I hope overall the 2202 will have more of what I'm after & we'll all find out before too long...

More to come... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
JD01

Re: Incoming NAD...

Post by JD01 »

Awesome, well done Miner. Looking forward to hearing how that does for you.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Awesome! I'm pretty eager to hear that thing myself. I know you'll be able to get the most out of it. :minernuggs: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Fuck yeah! I’m jealous.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Coooool.
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:like: Congrats Minerdude. that's exciting!! Treat yourself.
:happytrees:
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Incoming nads is a worrying thought.

Awesome stuff, Miner! You'll love it and get great use out of it, no doubt.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Thanks guys,
I gotta say Nik doesn't fuck around, I e-mailed him about the amp at like 2-3 a.m. here & he's already responded...He told me it'd have to be built & shipped from Malaysia...

That's cool because it'll be a good quality little amp, but I am wondering wtf is up with the link where I've been seeing those amps for sale, unless it's a shop here in the US that assembles the kits he sells...

http://guitarampsusa.com/index.php?rout ... uct_id=140

Again, Nik doesn't fuck around, I sent him another e-mail about the link, & he verified it was one of his shops in the US before I could post this...Like a 5-6 minute reply... :eep:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:eep: :eep: :eep: :eep: IS that price normal for these things ?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ahh. Nevermind i see whats going on there now. :lollers: :lollers: :lollers:

Learn to read WJ.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

So to clear things up for me, I called the US #, & it's a Ceriatone shop here in the US, that assembles the amps to save their customers the overseas shipping cost, which is great IMO... :murcah:

The 2202 shipped to my door will be $654.50...It will take 4-5 weeks to arrive because they assemble 'em as they're ordered...

So a "guess-timate", it'd would be here around the 1st or 2nd week in December, just in time for Christmas... :biggrin:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I think you're gonna love it.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm I think you're gonna love it.
Man I hope so...Image

The conversation we had on the phone a couple/few weeks ago made a light bulb in my head switch on...We were talking about the Chupa being around 25w or so in hot-rodded mode, which turned out to be about the perfect recording volume for me...

That was loud enough to move enough air from the speakers to the mic, but not so loud I couldn't stand to be in the same room while playing/recording...The 2202, being a 20w amp, should be in that ballpark, even in "regular" JCM mode without any of the gain/bright switches engaged...That's assuming the 2202's switches work like the Chupa's, which I'm pretty sure they do...On top of that, it's got a PPIMV to let the power tubes cook, while taming the loudness if needed...

I clearly remember having the Chupa's master on about 4-5 in one of the hot-rodded modes, & it wasn't really that loud at all, especially compared to plexi mode, which was basically a SLP that needed to be wound up to deliver, which in turn was LOUD...

I do wanna say the EVH amp I have is in that ballpark, loudness-wise, & is a good little amp...It just doesn't do the bright, biting, percussive, Marshall-y thing that I'm after, it's just a different animal...

Dudes, I apologize for all these long-ass posts, but I'm really, really fuckin' stoked about this amp...This amp *should* cover similar tones the Chupacabra did, along with JCM-ish tones I've been drooling for...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Nice work. Better prepare the neighbours for the onslaught... :lollers: