Re-skinned Poulin ampsims

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Minerman

Re-skinned Poulin ampsims

Post by Minerman »

No affiliation with this guy, although I did try my hand at it a couple years ago (and can't find the results now), but here are the Poulin vst ampsims, with different skins...Just copy/paste/drag/drop these dll files into your plugin folder...

Be sure to keep a backup of the original if you want it for future use, as these will overwrite 'em...

No change in the plugin's sound, just the look...

http://fat-alfie-gui.blogspot.co.uk/

I think there's info on this guy's site here if anyone is interested in how this is done...I have the programs on a hard drive somewhere, but would have to find 'em...From what I remember, it's not really hard, you just need to roll up your sleeves & use a graphic editor like Photoshop, GIMP, or similar, then use the programs I mentioned to edit the dll, replacing the graphics...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Re-skinned Poulin ampsims

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Hold on a sec :eep:

Poulan makes a Soldano sim? Why is it not in my pack of Poulan Sims? I feel slighted. :mad3:
:happytrees:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm Hold on a sec :eep:

Poulan makes a Soldano sim? Why is it not in my pack of Poulan Sims? I feel slighted. :mad3:
Not sure dude, look at the ampsim the guy re-worked the graphics on & compare it to the original on Poulin's site...The "Solo C" is what you're referring to, again, not positive if it's based on a Solando or not...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

"Are you disappointed that this LePou sellout didn't infringe on the trademarks of the amps he's mimicking? Well I have the solution for you!"

:D
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm "Are you disappointed that this LePou sellout didn't infringe on the trademarks of the amps he's mimicking? Well I have the solution for you!"

:D
I read that quote in the voice of troy mclcure and it made my day.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Is LePou a sellout? How is giving something away for free selling out?
Rebel Yell
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 pm I read that quote in the voice of troy mclcure and it made my day.
Troy McClure...who's that?

(It's awesome that with just a few keystrokes and mouse clicks I can catch up on tons of cultural references that otherwise would have flown right over my head.)
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm Is LePou a sellout? How is giving something away for free selling out?
He's a sellout for aforementioned not trademark infringement.