AKG C1000S

What type and size you need, and where you should point it. Does a large diaphragm do a better job in preventing pregnancy than a small? WTF is phantom power and why do you need it? All these important questions and more, discussed within. Entendre at your own risk.
Rob Aylestone

Re: AKG C1000S

Post by Rob Aylestone »

Considering the almost universal dislike, from mild to using them as hammers because they're better at banging in nails than recording things - I'm surprised AKG make them, but I suspect they sell many to newcomers and education because of the battery power option. I could use them for overheads, and on something dull, where the bright/brittle sound could actually help. They're too big and too ugly for me.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I think it's fine for record an acoustic and I use them as a 2nd quiet blend mic on my electric
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yeah, I get good results out of them for my overheads. They might not be the greatest for everything, but they're not as bad as some people say they are. I could have bought a new pair of overheads before buying a second SG, or an amp, or so many other things I've bought in the last few years. It never even crossed my mind to replace my overheads. Maybe I will one day, but they certainly don't suck.
Farview

Post by Farview »

It's not terrible and useless. It's just that when you replace them with something one step above them, you will look back and see how big the difference is.

I used them for various things for years, they did the job I needed them to do. But eventually, I had mics that were much better.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Farview wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm It's not terrible and useless. It's just that when you replace them with something one step above them, you will look back and see how big the difference is.
Yeah I can't argue with that, considering that applies to everything. :coolstorybro: