ISO Cab Build...suggestions/tips wanted...

DIY Studio Stuff
Minerman

Re: ISO Cab Build...suggestions/tips wanted...

Post by Minerman »

Ok dudes, here's the first run with the new ISO cab, nothing spectacular, just a little jam I made up...

Signal chain:
SG > EVH LBX > Celestion G12-T75 > Audix i5

Amp settings:
15w mode
Blue channel
Volume: 3
Gain: 7
Resonance: 2-3
Bass: 8
Mid: 5
Treble: 5
Presence: 2

The tone clip doesn't have anything on it, but in the mix clip, all the guitars have reverb...The clean tone is the same amp settings, I just dropped the gain to about "2" & raised the volume to about 6...

So far so good with this thing, & BTW, the drums on this are one of Superior Drummer 3's stock kits, no tweaking at all...

Lemme know what ya think...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

How quiet is it in the room? Can you really just talk over it?
You think you could get a bit of time when you could make noise one day to do an in the box/out of the box comparison but all miked up exactly the same way with identical amp settings - that would be really interesting.
cakewalkKaKed
Location: wallowing in a particular insanity of any given time

Post by cakewalkKaKed »

:like: Wooooohooooooooooooo !!! well done matey :)

gotta rush out,i grabbed the clips for when i get back ... love it :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Very cool miner. Nice work on that thing. Looks better than that first one! :)
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

haha, holy shit. I just went back over the thread. You really went to town on this one, mate.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

JD01 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 am How quiet is it in the room? Can you really just talk over it?
You think you could get a bit of time when you could make noise one day to do an in the box/out of the box comparison but all miked up exactly the same way with identical amp settings - that would be really interesting.
It's not totally silent dude, that's an impossible task with a loud amp, I'm gonna do a little video showing you guys how loud it is in the room...I found my old cell phone & I have a decibel meter ap on it...The phone had been in a drawer for so long, it took almost 24 hours of charging before it'd power up... :lollers:
cakewalkKaKed wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 am :like: Wooooohooooooooooooo !!! well done matey :)
gotta rush out,i grabbed the clips for when i get back ... love it :like:
Thanks dude...
Greg_L wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:45 am Very cool miner. Nice work on that thing. Looks better than that first one! :)
Yeah, it looks a hell of a lot better...I wish I'd made my diy table saw before I started on it though, there are a few things that aren't plum/square I wish I'd addressed, but it's too late now... :smiles:

JD01 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:32 am haha, holy shit. I just went back over the thread. You really went to town on this one, mate.
Yeah Jdude, I spent quite a bit of $$$ on it, & it took about a month for me to build it...Granted I didn't spend all day every day on it, but it still took a while...Thanks again...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs: