Bass Trap Madness

DIY Studio Stuff
Roman

Re: Bass Trap Madness

Post by Roman »

miroslav wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:34 pm
Roman wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm ...hard to tell but almost 6 inches?
Mine is bigger than...oh wait, you mean the traps...yes, they are 6" frames, and the mouldings make them 7.5" wide.
miroslav wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 pm Each trap has 3 sheets of 2" OC 703 for a total of 6" of insulation in each trap, and the finished trap width is 7.5" with the wood mouldings.
I know...everyone just checks out the pics and skips over the text. :P
Point one

Pics or it ain't true :D :lollers2:

Point two

I must confess i didn't read the whole text :) :not worthy:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Roman wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:23 pm Isn't a baby kangaroo called a Joey?:)
Oh shit, maybe, I had no idea. I thought you had the wrong guy. Nevr heard that one, but you might be right.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

einstein magoo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:52 pm Really great looking traps miroslav! Hope they meet your expectations. Looks like they'll last forever, making the time you spent on engineering and building them show a great R.O.I.
Thanks.
Yeah...my goal was to over-build them, but for a good reason. I'll know this weekend what kind of effect they have in the studio...though I'm sure it will help with the low end, since the constant mantra has been that you can't have enough low-end trapping in smaller sized studio spaces that weren't originally built from the ground up for studio purposes where you can take care of a lot of issues up-front.

So I will be trying out a few configurations behind my mix position, and see which one gives me the most bang-for-buck.
I can set them up in many ways, which is the beauty of them being portable rather than permanently mounted.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Super job Miro, those look great!!! Looks like something you'd buy with a big price tag attached...

Personally, I think the diy route is so much better in the end, sure it's nice to just buy stuff, but to me, it's rewarding to put a little time/effort into things like this...

Those traps look great dude... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

A baby roo is a joey buy Joey isn't a baby roo.
Joey_in_pouch.jpg
800px-Kangaroo_and_joey03.jpg
I am not quite sure this is a Kangaroo. It's probably a Eastern Grey or cross-breed.
Anyway if it is one of the largest living Kangaroos and a REAL Kangaroo, as most of what people outside Australia call a Kangaroo is in Australia called a Wallaby.
kangaroo is a common but incorrect term for a variety of species and more correctly applies to the big fellas which includes the Red, Eastern Grey and Euro.
wallabies: head and body length of 45–105 cm and tail length of 33–75 cm; The dwarf wallaby (the smallest member) length is 46 cm and weigh of 1.6 kg;
tree-kangaroos: from Lumholtz's tree-kangaroo body and head length of 48–65 cm, tail of 60–74 cm, weigh of 7.2 kg (16 lb) for males and 5.9 kg (13 lb) for females; to the grizzled tree-kangaroo length of 75–90 cm (30 to 35 in) and weight of 8–15 kg (18–33 lb);
wallaroos
: the black wallaroo, the smallest by far, with a tail length of 60–70 cm and weight of 19–22 kg for males and 13 kg for females;
kangaroos: a large male can be 2 m (6 ft 7 in) tall and weigh 90 kg (200 lb).

Cool stuff Miro.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

That top pic looks like some kind of mutated clit...
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Those turned out really nice!
itsnotkcearl

Post by itsnotkcearl »

Im impressed....make me some!
Death, War, Discipline, weekends off.