SHOW US YOUR MUSIC ROOM!!!

DIY Studio Stuff
rammer24

Re: Where are you working on music?

Post by rammer24 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 pm Rammer .... love them monitors!
Thanx Sgt. To be honest, I bought them for one reason only: They looked awesome. Turns out they sound really good too, which is a bonus. :)
Minerman

Show us your music room!!!

Post by Minerman »

I couldn't find a thread like this, so I'll start one...

[mention]WhiskeyJack[/mention]
If this needs moved, feel free dude...

Not too long ago, I had new floors put in this place & not long after that, I painted my music room...I found a pretty good deal on a bundle of Primacoustic panels about that time, & it's transformed my room completely from what it was...

Here's my "Mini Wall of Doom"... :minernuggs:

This is a shitty pic, but I was trying to show the led's I put around the window...You can't really see in this pic, but I think it's pretty cool...

I covered the walls in the closet with carpet (to use as a poor-hillbilly's vocal/acoustic guitar booth), & made a little guitar rack in there too:

So there's my humble little recording room...I still need some bass traps & other shit, but it never ends...This is & will always be an ongoing process for most of us...

Show us what you've got... :minernuggs:
Last edited by Minerman on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Re: Show us your music room!!!

Post by Greg_L »

That looks nice miner. Is that a tv leaning against the wall in the corner?
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:14 am That looks nice miner. Is that a tv leaning against the wall in the corner?
Thanks man...

Yeah, that's a 42" I had in the living room (I got a 55" a few weeks ago) I'm gonna use in here if I can figure out where the fuck to put it...I have the mount & all, I just don't wanna move any of these panels unless I have to...

The idea is to use it when I'm playing the e-kit so I can see what's going on...I may end up getting a swivel mount, as long as one that's strong enough to hold the weight doesn't cost a whole lot...

That empty corner is where I'm gonna put the EVH cab, whenever I get around to picking it up from my nephew...He's had it for over a year now & I've offered to sell it to him at a good price, but I don't think he's gonna bite on it...That's ok though, it's a killer cab, the speakers are basically Heritage Greenbacks...

Thanks again Greg...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Nah this is a good thread [mention]Minerman[/mention] good idea. In fact i'll sticky it to the top as it really does suit subtopic.

EDIT: Merged this with LIV's thread he stared ages ago, but kept minermans thread name.
:happytrees:
Tadpui

Re: SHOW US YOUR MUSIC ROOM!!!

Post by Tadpui »

[mention]Minerman[/mention] it looks like your music room is filling out (and filling up) :D

I haven't been in a spot to listen to the samples of your new amp yet, but I'll make time this week.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

My hovel.

JD01

Post by JD01 »

I think your room looks great, Shan. Did you sort out the damp down there?
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

[mention]Tadpui[/mention]
Thanks man...Yeah, I'm running out of room over here... :minernuggs:

[mention]WhiskeyJack[/mention]
That looks great dude...I especially like the desk...You built that right??? Either way it looks great... :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Looks great [mention]WhiskeyJack[/mention]
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm I think your room looks great, Shan. Did you sort out the damp down there?
Not so much no. We had a very wet start to summer and i had the deck ripped off. I think it was just a fluke for it to be so damp down there. Luckily no pooling water or signs of mold so that's awesome. And the cold weather is here so the forced air is on a fair bit and it is much more dry feeling down there.
Minerman wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm [mention]WhiskeyJack[/mention]
That looks great dude...I especially like the desk...You built that right??? Either way it looks great... :minernuggs:
Wasn't trying to hijack i just figured i'd add a few pics into the stickied thread. You guys saw all stuff in the other thread of the makeover. Yes i did build the desk as well. Like anything lots i'd do differently. My wife wants a similar one so i'll improve on it there.

I love seeing everyones music rooms. Looking forward to seeing [mention]Greg_L[/mention] new set up.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

My shit is in shambles right now
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:58 pm Wasn't trying to hijack i just figured i'd add a few pics into the stickied thread. You guys saw all stuff in the other thread of the makeover. Yes i did build the desk as well. Like anything lots i'd do differently. My wife wants a similar one so i'll improve on it there.

I love seeing everyones music rooms. Looking forward to seeing @Greg_L new set up.
I know you weren't hijacking dude, it's all good...Thanks for the sticky too...

I'm temped to cannibalize my desk by cutting about a foot out of it...If I did that, I'd have a lot more room...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rayc

Post by rayc »

Here's mine.
Apologies for the blinds being down & towel etc - it gets VERY bright in the room in the morning. Bottom, rear, south east room of a two storey house. The view out of the window, almost all of the eastern wall, is nice - a tree fern, native violets, bromeliads and such in a terraced garden.
The room is full of music related books, CDs, and gear. Much of that helps with the room's "treatment".
The snaps are taken facing east and then rotating clockwise.
The odd looking thing on top of the two interfaces, (one for the new comp & one for the old), is a passive selector of the sort used to connect DVD and game machines to TVs in the 90s. It's a dodgy looking thing but the stereo signal passes through very cleanly and there's no wiper or attenuator interference. CHEAP aren't I?
DSC02842.JPG
DSC02843.JPG
DSC02844.JPG
DSC02845.JPG
DSC02846.JPG
The previous owner, a jobbing Christian Country performer used the room for recording and storage of his show sale CDs.
I had to do a fair bit of cleansing to clear the place of chicken pickin' squaddie sounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

[mention]rayc[/mention] I like that. That's a proper cluttery messy music room.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 pm @rayc I like that. That's a proper cluttery messy music room.
It is a bit...I have the original boxes for almost everything in the room except the guitars.
The wife came into it a while ago and asked if I knew what was where - I asked her to name something. She did, I reached over and grabbed the manual for the R16, as requested, from the neatly sorted and sized ordered manual stash. She left without commenting and I've left the manual on the music stand as a reminder to her that I know where stuff is and to me that I should put it away, eventually.
Last edited by rayc on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:39 am
It is a bit...I have the original boxes for almost everything in the room except the guitars.
The wife came into it a while ago and asked if I knew what was where - I asked her to name something. She did, I reached over and grabbed the manual for the R16, as requested, from the neatly sorted and sized ordered manual stash. She left without commenting and I've left the manual of the music stand as a reminder to her that I know where stuff is and to me that I should put it away, eventually.
Lol well played. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

[mention]rayc[/mention]
Very nice Ray...Clutter is an important part of a music room that actually gets used man...I call it organized chaos myself...My ex-wife used to clean up/straighten up & I could never find a damn thing because she put things in a completely different spot...
I finally had to just tell her to stay out....Not too long afterward we divorced... :lollers:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

JD01

Post by JD01 »

I reckon I'd be lost in there, Ray! But then if I had much more stuff I'd need a bigger room - mine is tiny - but quite nicely laid out now. I just about have room for a keyboard which will be my next purchase I think.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I have a bench, not a room. I've posted pics before, but right now it's covered up with dropcloths as I have people coming in later during the week to quote on re-sanding some floors and I don't like advertising the "muso" thing seeing the place is unoccupied during the day, and usually at least half of the weekend.

Annoying, as I was hoping to play with my new pedal in glorious stereo and do some clips. :mad:

Guitars and amps etc. are in the spare room wardrobe and scattered about. I'll hook the pedal up to an amp tomorrow night and have a noodle then.