Tadpui

DIY Studio Stuff
JD01

Tadpui

Post by JD01 »

Tad,

I dozed off last night listened to you chat about your studio and how you're going to take it apart, move it to Denver and rebuild it. You should post your videos here...

And make sure you do a build thread for your new Studio - even if you're just explaining why you put various things wherever they end up going in your room.
Tadpui

Re: Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Well, one thing that my videos are good for is putting people to sleep :)

I'll definitely detail the process once it comes time to get the new studio designed, built, and populated with glorious gear. My temporary setup will be much less exciting: "well I'm here in the coat closet, recording into an iPad, humming songs to myself..."

I feel a little weird linking my videos in the forums...it feels a little spammy. I'd be happy to do it but I'd have to find a way to keep it cool with the admin and the general populace here.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Just go for it, mate. It's not like you're some random berk off the Internet just turning up and spamming us. You were one of the earliest people invited!!

When we're up and running and we properly open the doors you can give us a shout out on your channel too.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm Well, one thing that my videos are good for is putting people to sleep :)

I'll definitely detail the process once it comes time to get the new studio designed, built, and populated with glorious gear. My temporary setup will be much less exciting: "well I'm here in the coat closet, recording into an iPad, humming songs to myself..."

I feel a little weird linking my videos in the forums...it feels a little spammy. I'd be happy to do it but I'd have to find a way to keep it cool with the admin and the general populace here.
I say do it. When we were hatching this place one of my ideas was to get your youtube channel involved....if you even wanted to be associated with this ragtag group of retards.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Hahah, of course I want to be associated with you guys! You all represent the absolute authority in my life as far as recording goes. You all are my main influences and teachers when it comes to everything that I know about making music at home. From guitar tones to mixing and arrangements, from "which end of a cable do I plug in" to general attitude in songwriting, you guys have been my instructors all along my path. I've got a ton of respect for you guys and your input and expertise. Hell, everything that I say in my videos, I learned from one or more of the guys around here.

...ok so I had a giant margarita earlier so maybe I'm gushing a bit. This is where I give you all a slightly uncomfortable hug, where it goes on too long but you're too polite to push me away. I love you, man! Er, men. Er, I love men? Oh jeez, now I'm just floundering around. :lollers2:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Well that escalated quickly.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:54 pm
Tadpui wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm Well, one thing that my videos are good for is putting people to sleep :)

I say do it. When we were hatching this place one of my ideas was to get your youtube channel involved....if you even wanted to be associated with this ragtag group of retards.
greg's right ..... do it!

Don't worry about the admins ..... I have a feeling they're ok with this :tongue:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 am Well that escalated quickly.
Hehehe, don't drink and post, kids. This is what happens.
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:48 am greg's right ..... do it!

Don't worry about the admins ..... I have a feeling they're ok with this :tongue:
Duly noted. Maybe I can get a subforum or something.

It'd be great to have some feedback from you experienced fellas, to keep me honest. Since my target audience doesn't know anything about anything when it comes to recording, that puts me in a position to seriously misinform beginners if I say something wrong.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm Hehehe, don't drink and post, kids. This is what happens.
I posted something when I came in shitfaced on Friday night - I still have no idea what I was getting at.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm

It'd be great to have some feedback from you experienced fellas, to keep me honest. Since my target audience doesn't know anything about anything when it comes to recording, that puts me in a position to seriously misinform beginners if I say something wrong.
I watch all of your videos and they seem good to me. Your compression explanation was done very well.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

they're great vids actually ..... need more scantily clad women though.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 pm they're great vids actually ..... need more scantily clad women though.
That's true of all videos though, no?

:lollers2:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

What's your page?