pedalboard build

DIY Studio Stuff
Greg_L

Re: pedalboard build

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:17 am Thanks! The jacks are for the lead to the amp then the other two are for the amps effects loop.
That's a good idea. Lots of "professional" high end pedalboards have built in routing and loop jacks.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
That's a good idea. Lots of "professional" high end pedalboards have built in routing and loop jacks.
Thanks, my last board had it too. I just hate fucking messy cables and shit all over the place. I forgot the other one is USB port. I dont really need it, well I could use it for my HoF but dont. When I bought the trs jacks last time I saw that and figured wtf might as well have one its cheap and I may need one someday with how pedals are nowadays.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

And that's the other thing, pedalboards are a fucking rip off. Pedaltrains are nice but really expensive. I spent about $25 on this, not including the power supply. I already had most of the wood, pre stain, poly, screws, nails and velcro. Only had to buy a couple pieces of oak for the sides and trim, rubber feet and stain.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Liv, if you are going to put a wahwah on the board don't do what I did... unless you're really sure that you like the position of your wahwah.

I drilled 4 shallow holes about 1cm across and 1cm (ish) deep for the little rubber feet of my wahwah to sit in so it will sit nicely against the board. I then velcroed it in place with a big thick strip of velcro, but 'cos the the feet are stuck in the little holes I can't get any torque on it to lift or twist its position so its just never coming off there!

Its stuck on like shit to a blanket!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. You take the feet off so the bottom is flat.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 am Lol. You take the feet off so the bottom is flat.
Yeah, I didn't exactly think that one through and I had a drill in my hand at the time for drilling the pilot holes to screw it together and for routing out the cable holes.

To a guy with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Ha! I don't think I understand why you did that. I don't have a wah but I do have an expression pedal. I was planning on doing what Greg said, take the rubber feet off then just use a small amount of Velcro, probably a little piece for the top and bottom.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Top stuff, Liv. Ye Thomas Chippendale pedal boarde. I could see a set of ball-and-claw feet on that, easy. :D
Haggard Musician :mad:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 am Lol. You take the feet off so the bottom is flat.
but then the bottom falls off so velcro on the bottom doesn't hold the pedal..
Last edited by Lt. Bob on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 am Liv, if you are going to put a wahwah on the board don't do what I did... unless you're really sure that you like the position of your wahwah.

I drilled 4 shallow holes about 1cm across and 1cm (ish) deep for the little rubber feet of my wahwah to sit in so it will sit nicely against the board. I then velcroed it in place with a big thick strip of velcro, but 'cos the the feet are stuck in the little holes I can't get any torque on it to lift or twist its position so its just never coming off there!

Its stuck on like shit to a blanket!
:facepalm2: :lollers2:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 am And that's the other thing, pedalboards are a fucking rip off. Pedaltrains are nice but really expensive. I spent about $25 on this, not including the power supply. I already had most of the wood, pre stain, poly, screws, nails and velcro. Only had to buy a couple pieces of oak for the sides and trim, rubber feet and stain.
no shit ..... I would never buy a commercial board .... they're stupid expensive for simply being a piece of wood. Or aluminum or whatever.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:43 am
I think you'd be able to take the screws out of the little rubber feet, the just screw the bottom back on using the screws alone.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:45 am no shit ..... I would never buy a commercial board .... they're stupid expensive for simply being a piece of wood. Or aluminum or whatever.
And its good fun making one even if you make a few elementary fuckups in the pedal mounting along the way.
Last edited by JD01 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:43 am
You put just the screws back in. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

On mine. I went with holes for the feet like JDOD but then I only used a very small amount of velcro.
You don't need much because the feet hold it in place.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

This is for sale now! Possibly even with the power supply.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

So are you planning to make another?
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

another way to mount pedals is to take the links from a bicycle chain (just one side ) and one hole of the link mounts to the screw at the corner of the pedal and the other hole of the link will stick out and can be screwed to the board.
Won't work for all pedals because some have the foot holes too far in and the link isn't long enough to reach past the pedal for the 2nd hole .... but on any standard pedal this works.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Bubba wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am So are you planning to make another?
Yes, but a bit more simple and more flexible. Problem with this one was I ran out of room where I wanted things to be and in which order.
rayc

Post by rayc »

It's cool. Well made and logical. I keep looking at pedal boards but I only use 2 pedals in a given month and even then they're not on at the same time. The other pedals sit waiting for some love but I've spent too much time learning how to recording an amp & cab to get a reasonable sound to want to do much else to my signal.
Cheers
rayc