pedalboard build

DIY Studio Stuff
JD01

Re: pedalboard build

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 pm On mine. I went with holes for the feet like JDOD...
Fool!!!
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 pm...but then I only used a very small amount of velcro.
You don't need much because the feet hold it in place.
Oh, its just me then.. :spacepalm:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Here's the new one. Just used pine and threw it together really quick with no attention to detail then spray painted it. Not nearly as nice as my last one but this one is much more functional, flexible and room to add more. Need a couple more cables yet. This time I used Dual Lock instead of velcro and its fucking awesome. Super secure and just a little 1/2" x 1/2" piece on each corner of each pedal. The compressor only has two pieces and I can grab onto it and use it as a handle and it will support the entire board! Not that Id carry around like lol.

JD01

Post by JD01 »

That looks like a nice job again, liv... makes my shonky board look even more shameful.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

JD01 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 pm That looks like a nice job again, liv... makes my shonky board look even more shameful.
Thanks man!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 am Here's the new one. Just used pine and threw it together really quick with no attention to detail then spray painted it. Not nearly as nice as my last one but this one is much more functional, flexible and room to add more. Need a couple more cables yet. This time I used Dual Lock instead of velcro and its fucking awesome. Super secure and just a little 1/2" x 1/2" piece on each corner of each pedal. The compressor only has two pieces and I can grab onto it and use it as a handle and it will support the entire board! Not that Id carry around like lol.

Do you use one of those Kreg contraptions for your pocket holes or do you freehand them shits? :sherlock:
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Do you use one of those Kreg contraptions for your pocket holes or do you freehand them shits? :sherlock:
Yeah, just the cheap jig too. Works great, Ive used it for a ton of projects. I even built our closets out with it!

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Nice!! Which one is it if you do not mind my asking?

Clostes turned out stellar. good job man.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Liv, are you actually a carpenter?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm Nice!! Which one is it if you do not mind my asking?

Clostes turned out stellar. good job man.
Thanks. The jig I have is this one, just a little different and older. Mine doesnt have the thing on the top for the clamp to rest in/on and has a different case.

JD01 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm Liv, are you actually a carpenter?
I was at one time. Then just did side jobs with my dad and uncle for years. Eventually I became a glazier doing glass replacement in windows, store front installation and architectural aluminum and glass. When the economy tanked I found a career in a government natural resources type labor gig and eventually worked my way up and became an arborist and now do some cool shit.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I was wondering whether I needed a pedal board but I redid the studio and just shoved them all on the desk. Easier to fiddle with when recording...
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Reworked the board again.....I removed the side plank that had the expression pedal on it and moved that pedal onto the main board. I had to make a little riser for it but it worked out ok. I shifted everything over, made things a little tighter and re-wired the whole thing a little nicer.

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

What's that tiny little square one-button pedal with Saturn on it?
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 am What's that tiny little square one-button pedal with Saturn on it?
That's a favorite switch for the Strymon. It has a secondary function to create your own preset, save it and toggle between it and whatever you have the knobs set at at the time. Pretty cool. That switch is made by a company called Saturnworks, he makes a bunch of utilitarian pedals and it's affordable.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:56 pm

That's a favorite switch for the Strymon. It has a secondary function to create your own preset, save it and toggle between it and whatever you have the knobs set at at the time. Pretty cool. That switch is made by a company called Saturnworks, he makes a bunch of utilitarian pedals and it's affordable.
Wow, pretty cool. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

In some ways i want to be a pedal guy. but in other ways i am thankful i am not. I would go crazy. too many knobs to twiddle.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:35 pm In some ways i want to be a pedal guy. but in other ways i am thankful i am not. I would go crazy. too many knobs to twiddle.
Don't do it. :crazy:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:37 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:35 pm In some ways i want to be a pedal guy. but in other ways i am thankful i am not. I would go crazy. too many knobs to twiddle.
I won't. I have four now. three are plugged in and and i only use two. One of which is a tuner. the other is a verb and the other is an overdrive for my bass.

yes.

my pedals are dual purpose. bass and guitar both same signal chain. nofucks.jpg
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 pm
Greg_L wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I won't. I have four now. three are plugged in and and i only use two. One of which is a tuner. the other is a verb and the other is an overdrive for my bass.

yes.

my pedals are dual purpose. bass and guitar both same signal chain. nofucks.jpg
I have like 10 pedals. The tuner gets used. The rest sit there. I have to force myself sometimes to make sure they still work.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

lol, but for real, they are just fun. Im not a good guitar player and they do mask playing a bit haha. Luckily delays and reverb suit my playing style so it works. For dirt though I use the amps distortion.