It Isn't Easy

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
JD01

Re: It Isn't Easy

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am
JD01 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:24 am
Cheers Shan, I'm hoping to get a bit of time to listen to this through again on my home system (I've been away for two weeks) and decide if I want to put a tiny bit more verb on the vocal.
it is well worth looking into. not lots of verb just a lil bit to round it out. Worth a try for sure buddy :like:
WJ, if you get 5 this weekend can you have a listen to this. I've added a couple of db of verb to the vocal verb impulse as a whole and I think I like it. Tell me what you think. I think it makes most difference in the verse and to the harmonies in the chorus.
It Isnt Easy - Mix 3.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Can do. :like: I should have a few free minutes tonight too. I hae some stuff i want to track while the house is empty.
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Musically this reminds me of V Spy V Spy - the guitar mainly & the aggressive vocal with a message thing.
It sounds a little cluttered - - well not cluttered but the sound is thick.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

rayc wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:35 am Musically this reminds me of V Spy V Spy - the guitar mainly & the aggressive vocal with a message thing.
It sounds a little cluttered - - well not cluttered but the sound is thick.
Never heard of V Spy but will look it up now - hopefully I won't be offended! haha.

Thick is good, dunno about Cluttered! I'm generally pretty happy with this mix though, just wanted to try a little extra verb last night at WJ's suggestion
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am

it is well worth looking into. not lots of verb just a lil bit to round it out. Worth a try for sure buddy :like:
WJ, if you get 5 this weekend can you have a listen to this. I've added a couple of db of verb to the vocal verb impulse as a whole and I think I like it. Tell me what you think. I think it makes most difference in the verse and to the harmonies in the chorus.

It Isnt Easy - Mix 3.mp3
Adding the verb definitely smoothed it out but it seems to have a slight bit of a blanket sitting over it. it lost just a little bit of air. Maybe dial it back a just a little bit or rolling off some of the lower freq's on the reverb bus till you find a happy medium? Do you have the verb bussed or do you have it as an insert on your vocal track?

If i was at the console that is what i would try to do. try rolling back the verb first though before messing about with the eq's. :like: :like:
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cheers. The vocal buss has its own verb so it won’t be a problem