Check out my Bod.....

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
rammer24

Check out my Bod.....

Post by rammer24 »

OK, so Minerman turned me on to the "Bod" bass amp and it really helped my bass sound. I think I already had a decent bass sound but it did lack some bite and balls. This thing really helped.

So, I went back and re-mixed about 30 of my songs in the last few days. When I say "re-mix", I mean I simply added the BOD to my bass chain and removed a few other things. So, I didn't really re-mix 30 tunes in a few days. That's kooky talk.

Anyway, I'm not going to post every tune, just this one. This is an older one and I think it's the first tune I ever did with my new snare at the time. I chose this song randomly to post. It's not one of my best, just the last one I re-mixed.

Let me know how it sounds.
Dead or Not Alive.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miroslav

Re: Check out my Bod.....

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 am Let me know how it sounds.
Not bod....

WTF is a "Bod"...?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

There's a picture of it in the tone thread.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

OK...I saw it...a pedal plug. Cool.

I use the Waves Renaissance Bass plug to fatten/shape and generate harmonic content.. It's a bit different that that pedal plug.
Another that is pretty good is bx_subfilter from Plugin Alliance...which is FREE.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ilter.html

It's the baby version of their bx_subsynth plug

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... synth.html
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Pretty cool. I have the Rennaisance Bass but never used it. Like you say, it's not a bass amp per se. It's more for harmonics, etc....Maybe I should play with it more. Is the Plugin Alliance the same idea?

The Bod is more of a Sansamp type straight ahead bass "amp". It does what I need. I actually have a pretty good sounding bass, but it needed a bit more...something. It's kind of bland on its own.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:53 pmI have the Rennaisance Bass but never used it. Like you say, it's not a bass amp per se. It's more for harmonics, etc....Maybe I should play with it more. Is the Plugin Alliance the same idea?
The subfilter is different from the RBass...but both can be used to augment your bass track by dialing in more of what's not there....if that makes sense..

The subfilter is also good on Kick drums...you can bring up the thump if it's not there.
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Yep - I can hear a definite thump in the bass guitar. Not sure which of Mike's basses I would equate it to as yours has always seemed "tighter". By that I mean snappy/quick with no discernible flub. The tone is full but and washed out so whatever the eq you set it at, it works for me.
Bass players would approve of this message!
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I ththink no this works really well, mate.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Thanx guys.

Well, I don't know if "thanx" is in order since this has nothing to do with my (lack of) talent. The plug-in is definitely working for me, though. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that goes direct and finds his bass lacks some bite/balls. :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I think this bass sound is good. It's a little more growly and lively than your usual bass tone.
Rebel Yell
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Sounds good as always. I don't think I've heard this one before.

Yeah the bass sounded cool. I thought your bass sound was typically a bit sterile. But this had a more present midrange. Level is perfect IMO. Levels on everything are perfect in fact.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm I think this bass sound is good. It's a little more growly and lively than your usual bass tone.
Yup. Keeping this set up from now on..........for now. :nyuk:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

TripleM wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm Sounds good as always. I don't think I've heard this one before.
Thanx Trip. It's about a year old, maybe two. I'd consider it semi-filler on an album. Has its' merits but not the first tune I'd show someone if they said "Show me one of your songs".
Yeah the bass sounded cool. I thought your bass sound was typically a bit sterile.
Come here and say that.
But this had a more present midrange. Level is perfect IMO. Levels on everything are perfect in fact.
Thanx man. I really appreciate that.
paulman

Post by paulman »

Perfect as usual.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Here's an explanation of BODmas for those uncertain.
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FKjqL6NyQ[/BBvideo]
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

It's a good sound in the mix Rami. We;;, it's bloody good actually.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Yeah, that bass tone is pretty good here. Nice thump to it.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 am Here's an explanation of BODmas for those uncertain.
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FKjqL6NyQ[/BBvideo]
You spelled "Pedmas" wrong.
Guitarslinger

Post by Guitarslinger »

Excellent bass sound and song!