Faded Jaded

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
ido1957

Re: Faded Jaded

Post by ido1957 »

rammer24 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm Ok fuckers and fuckettes....

Another one that I'll probably re-mix a few times at least. How are the levels and overall sounds? Are the vocals too wet? I put a little more delay and reverb on them than usual. Maybe I souldn't have said anything and just let people listen. But I'm a little insecure about my vocals anyway, so it's always a concern for me.
Man I've been slack - this was July...
I immediately thought the bass was different compared to your latest with the BOD. This bass seems to cover a wider piece of the bottom end but is not to me, as "tight". So your BOD beats this one....nice BOD (weak joke).

Vocals - your vocals are what God gave you. I couldn't sing a rock tune if my life depended on it. I've ruined a bunch of otherwise good rock tunes with my blah wimpy vocals. Don't fret about it - you sound like you and it's signature Rami. And as far as I can remember, pitch perfect 99% of the time. Just imagine being blessed with a voice like...well I won't name names.

Reverb/delay is good for me. I'm still trying to get that straightened away with my new mic, but this one has the vocals sitting nicely back with the mix, but nice and clear.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
rammer24

Re: Faded Jaded

Post by rammer24 »

ido1957 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm
rammer24 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm I immediately thought the bass was different compared to your latest with the BOD. This bass seems to cover a wider piece of the bottom end but is not to me, as "tight". So your BOD beats this one....nice BOD (weak joke).
Thanx Ido. Your ears are good. This was the tune that lead me to getting the BOD on my bass. 7-String's comment and Greg's comment in another thread convinced me that my bass sound needs help. I actually re-mixed this tune with the BOD, but left the old file up. So you're hearing the "weaker" bass vesion.
Vocals - your vocals are what God gave you. I couldn't sing a rock tune if my life depended on it. I've ruined a bunch of otherwise good rock tunes with my blah wimpy vocals. Don't fret about it - you sound like you and it's signature Rami. And as far as I can remember, pitch perfect 99% of the time. Just imagine being blessed with a voice like...well I won't name names.
Thanx again, Ido. I know my pitch is pretty good. I just wish I had a fuller sounding voice. I know it could be worse. But a perfectionist is always frustrated. :like: