Faded Jaded

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
rammer24

Faded Jaded

Post by rammer24 »

Ok fuckers and fuckettes....

Another one that I'll probably re-mix a few times at least. How are the levels and overall sounds? Are the vocals too wet? I put a little more delay and reverb on them than usual. Maybe I souldn't have said anything and just let people listen. But I'm a little insecure about my vocals anyway, so it's always a concern for me.
Faded Jaded .mp3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faded Jaded (words and music by RAMI)

Give me half your un-divided attention
Listen closely I'll just say this once
There's a thing or three I just got to mention
If I could only just remember one

Everyone I thought was cool is a liar
All my heroes 6 feet underground
Life is just like walking high on a wire
Looks so good until the book comes out

Chorus
Forgot what I was going to say
Can't stay out of my own way
And I'm feeling
Faded Jaded
So don't come round this way
Don't come round this way

Please believe I feign my interest sincerely
Please forgive me if I yawn and stare
Though you state your case concisely and clearly
Imagine how little I really care

Chorus
And I'm feeling
Faded Jaded
Faded Jaded

Chorus
And I'm feeling
Faded Jaded
Faded Jaded
Don't come round this way
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rammer24 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayc

Re: Faded Jaded

Post by rayc »

Bang in the face intro - more half cocked wah stuff? It sounds cool regardless of the how.
The lyrics & vocal give me an early Alice Cooper vibe.
Vox - sound great to me not wet at all.
No nits to be found.
COOL stuff.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rayc wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 pm Bang in the face intro - more half cocked wah stuff? It sounds cool regardless of the how.
The lyrics & vocal give me an early Alice Cooper vibe.
Vox - sound great to me not wet at all.
No nits to be found.
COOL stuff.
Thanx a lot, Ray. I'm getting addicted to the wah. :D This time, it isn't cocked. It's actually wah-ing on the parts that you hear it.

I'm going to re-sing a couple of lines. I don't like how I phrased the second line in each verse, and a couple of others.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I uploaded a new file, in case anyone's wondering if I changed the lines I wanted to change yet.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rammer24 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm Ok fuckers and fuckettes....
See, that kind of inclusiveness is all I'm looking for in that other thread! :D

I wouldn't mind if the hi-hat came down a bit. It's pretty in your face.

Vocals sound fine.

I'm digging the tight bass and guitar work in that breakdown before the solo.

Is it my bad headphones, my bad ears, or does the solo lean a little right towards the end?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 pm
rammer24 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm Ok fuckers and fuckettes....
See, that kind of inclusiveness is all I'm looking for in that other thread! :D
Fair enough. Now, I get it. :D
I wouldn't mind if the hi-hat came down a bit. It's pretty in your face.
Ok thanx. I have trouble hearing high end. So, hi-hat volume is pretty much guess work for me. I'll bring it down if need be.

Is it my bad headphones, my bad ears, or does the solo lean a little right towards the end?
Actually, you have great ears. I went and checked after reading your comment and yes, the wah is panned slightly right, the rest of the solo is right up the middle. Don't know why I panned the wah, but I will fix it. Glad you caught that, thanx. :like:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Sounds excellent to me, mate.

The only comment I have is more of a style thing, the wah fills where you've planted your foot on the pedal are quite screechy and they stop quite abruptly, almost like you've just cut the track in the DAW. Might sound cooler if you if backed off the wah at the same time as sliding your fret hand down off the neck.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Thanx JD. I see what you're saying about the wah parts. I did want them to sound "Inserted", so I deliberately made them choppy like that. But nothing's written in stone. I might have a listen to this in a month and totally agree with you.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rayc wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 pm The lyrics & vocal give me an early Alice Cooper vibe.
Yeah...for sure.
Seems like a lot of your stuff lately has that early, classic Metal vibe...when it was still called "Hard Rock".

Hey man...sounds really good. :coolstorybro: Nothing more to comment on.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

miroslav wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 pm Seems like a lot of your stuff lately has that early, classic Metal vibe...when it was still called "Hard Rock".

Hey man...sounds really good. :coolstorybro: Nothing more to comment on.
Thanx a lot, Miro.

Yeah, it's funny. I'm not into metal at all. None of it. Death metal, cookie-monster metal, math metal, spelling metal, it's all shit to me.

But I love what we called "Hard rock" in the 70's. Alice Cooper, Zep, Purple, etc...Not trying to sound like anyone, but if those influences find their way into my songs, awesome! :like: :punk:
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I thought this was excellent. That's about the tightest kick sound I've every heard. It was cool.

Only one nit. Sounds like a little pop at :40. Might have been a vocal artifact - not sure. A couple more similar sounds in the :47 - :50 range.

OK two nits. Harmony vocals would sound nice - maybe just on these lines:

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

TripleM wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:41 pm I thought this was excellent. That's about the tightest kick sound I've every heard. It was cool.

Only one nit. Sounds like a little pop at :40. Might have been a vocal artifact - not sure. A couple more similar sounds in the :47 - :50 range.

OK two nits. Harmony vocals would sound nice - maybe just on these lines:

Thanx a lot MMM. I'll have a listen for those pops.

I actually had harmonies for those exact lines you named. But, after wrestling with the idea, I deleted them. It just sounded too...I don't know the word...expected, typical, contrived, etc...Also, the lead vocal improvises those lines later in the song, so a harmony would clash with that. But we're on the same page. I hear harmonies there, too. I still have the tracks. I can add them if I change my mind. :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I got nuthin. Not even personal taste stuff. Sounds great to me.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

2nd listen...very tidy drop in on the vocal repair - well, I can't hear any indication that you popped the lines in anyway.
Ah yes, good old hard rock - the self same era when we, in Oz, considered ACDC rockpoprock - it was rock and it was popular & definitely not out of place on the radio or charts with Lizzy or any of the others you mentioned Rami.
I still listen to a fair bit of hard rock - well, I still listen to most of the stuff I listened to across my exposure to music.
The song rocks, hard and sounds ace to my ears.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rayc wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 pm 2nd listen...very tidy drop in on the vocal repair - well, I can't hear any indication that you popped the lines in anyway.
Great, thanx. I just didn't like the way I phrased the beginning of those lines. For example, I changed "Liiiiiiiisten closely" to "Listen clooooosely". Small thing that maybe only I noticed, but it would have bothered me forever. :)
Ah yes, good old hard rock - the self same era when we, in Oz, considered ACDC rockpoprock - it was rock and it was popular & definitely not out of place on the radio or charts with Lizzy or any of the others you mentioned Rami.
I still listen to a fair bit of hard rock - well, I still listen to most of the stuff I listened to across my exposure to music.
I agree. Too many labels now. Math-core, fucking spelling-core, history-core, geography-core. Fuck off. It used to be hard rock or soft rock.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 pm I got nuthin. Not even personal taste stuff. Sounds great to me.
Just saw this now. How did I miss it? Thanx for the listen, Greg. :coolstorybro: :punk:
7String

Post by 7String »

Sounds great to me. My only nit is that bass again. I'll listen a few more times before I decide for sure. I love how you do so much syncopated shit in your songs! And the definite endings are just too cool!

Good job as usual!
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

7String wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 am Sounds great to me. My only nit is that bass again. I'll listen a few more times before I decide for sure. I love how you do so much syncopated shit in your songs! And the definite endings are just too cool!

Good job as usual!
Thanx. Fuck you, the bass is fine.......Just kidding. Let me know if you take another listen.

I like definite endings, too. I'll do fade outs if I'm covering a song with one, but I can't see myself fading out one of my own songs. Not even sure if that's even done any more. I wonder if anyone can come up of some examples of modern tunes that fade out.
paulman

Post by paulman »

Great as always. I love that wah guitar. What kind of wah are you using?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Sorry, Paulman. Saw your post late at night a few days ago and forgot to respond the next morning.

I have a Jimi Hendrix wah that I used for this. I tracked my raw signal through the wah for the wah parts.

Now that you made me go back and listen to this song, it's shit. I hate my vocals on this. I might re-track them. It's in E and my voice has little emotion or balls. I should have done this tune in F#, even though that would have changed how the riff would have been played. Anyway, I don't like it any more.