No Choice with Frank Harris.

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Greg_L

Re: No Choice with Frank Harris.

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 pm Jesus H Christ. You have to ditch that shit right now. Use processing when it needs it, for the effect you want to achieve, not this clusterfuck. You have no Idea what the fuck is going on with your signal, there.
This.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Yeah. Before I start work on my next set of tracks I'll do some experiments with the vocal tone before I really get started. I suppose with these, when I started I pretty much couldn't sing at all so the nuances of capturing a good vocal tone were pretty lost on me and it was just about making the best of a shite performance.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 am Yeah. Before I start work on my next set of tracks I'll do some experiments with the vocal tone before I really get started. I suppose with these, when I started I pretty much couldn't sing at all so the nuances of capturing a good vocal tone were pretty lost on me and it was just about making the best of a shite performance.
Hey, James - I don't think the vocal sound is all that bad on your stuff, but putting something like that in the chain is going to do nothing for your understanding of how the various components work together and how they contribute to the final effect. Just looking at that GUI gives me a panic attack and a migraine. Nothing good can come of it, IMO. :lollers2:
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Yeah. I'm gonna have to phase out using that old UX2 anyway as you can't direct monitor with it. You have to have GearBox running to monitor. You can put GearBox into a bypass mode but it doesn't really work without GearBox open.