Time Waits For No One (Stones cover)

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Greg_L

Re: Time Waits For No One (Stones cover)

Post by Greg_L »

It only "distracted" me because I thought it was too low. It can be louder without being distracting.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Wait, I wasn't even referring to your comment when I said it must be distracting for the last 45 years. I was talking to MMM. You didn't even use the word "Distracted". You just said it can come up.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:10 pm Wait, I wasn't even referring to your comment when I said it must be distracting for the last 45 years. I was talking to MMM. You didn't even use the word "Distracted". You just said it can come up.
I know, but I can see where it can be distracting since it's too subtle. I got "distracted" trying to hear it better. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Cool. That does make sense. Didn't want to offend anyone, and it almost looked like I offended everyone. Not my intention. :)

Last thing I want to do is come off all "HR" on people, making excuses and getting defensive for evey criticism. But I think you all know I'm pretty much the exact opposite of that. I tend to maybe even put too much stock into every little suggestion I receive. :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I wasn't offended at all. Had you not quoted me I'd never have known yall were talking about it. The way I operate is I hear, I comment, and I leave it at that. I've never cared if someone applies my comments or not. Not one bit. They can if they want, or they can blow them off. Doesn't matter to me at all because I for damn sure don't act on every comment I get on my own stuff.
Rebel Yell
Roman

Post by Roman »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm Cool. That does make sense. Didn't want to offend anyone, and it almost looked like I offended everyone. Not my intention. :)

Last thing I want to do is come off all "HR" on people, making excuses and getting defensive for evey criticism. But I think you all know I'm pretty much the exact opposite of that. I tend to maybe even put too much stock into every little suggestion I receive. :like:
When you do as good a job as you did, you can fucking offend anyone you want as far as I'm concerned. :)

Your covers always tend to stay try to the originals while keeping a fresh current flavor.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Guns or knives RAMI? Guns or knives? :)

I don't recall hearing the line in the Stones original - it's been a while since I've heard it. I just found myself focusing on it almost as much as the vocal. I'm kind of like Greg in that I listen/comment/move on. I just tell you what I was thinking while I was listening. You can ignore all of it. You're probably often enough if you do.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

TripleM wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:18 pm Guns or knives RAMI? Guns or knives? :)

I don't recall hearing the line in the Stones original - it's been a while since I've heard it. I just found myself focusing on it almost as much as the vocal. I'm kind of like Greg in that I listen/comment/move on. I just tell you what I was thinking while I was listening. You can ignore all of it. You're probably often enough if you do.
It's all good. I got a little paranoid that I might have come off all "I meant to do that". I didn't want to come off defensive like a couple of people we all know from a place we've all been. :D

When I do a cover, I stay really close to the original as far as parts go, but try to give it a more modern sound as far as production goes. I didn't add the line. It's in the original, but played on a synth, I think.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Roman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm Your covers always tend to stay try to the originals while keeping a fresh current flavor.
Thanx Roman. That's exactly what I try to do. :coolstorybro:
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I knew you were just having fun. So was I.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I'm glad you're here. You're one of the good guys from that place. You're not one of the reasons it's on life support at best, and dead at worst.
Roman

Post by Roman »

I tend to not comment on others music too much.
I also tend not to put much of my own stuff up either.
There's that unwritten law that you have to listen and comment to get listened to I guess.

But my reasons for not commenting too much stems from not being good at it. Im just not a critical listener....too much of a fan of music.

I'm glad I haven't lost that aspect that so many that listen with a microscope have (imho). Too many lose the thrill of if the song.
So for me, if I truly like the song all kind of mix nuances get overlooked and are forgiven.

With Rami's shit, I almost always like the song, but at the same time it compares favorably with commercial 'pro' recordings..
Last edited by Roman on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Roman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm But my reasons for not commenting too much stems from not being good at it. Im just not a critical listener....too much of a fan of music.
I'm the same. To me, I'm often either "I like this tune", or "I don't like this tune". It's hard to make mix comments beyond that for me, unless something's obvious, of course. Most guys, and especially someone like Greg, are amazing at separating themselves from personal taste and hearing the mix and details. I admire that. I'm not that good at that kind of thing.