Mellow Bluesy Rock n Roll

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Bubba

Re: Mellow Bluesy Rock n Roll

Post by Bubba »

This is a good mix, bud. Tonally, the way you've mixed it is sympathetic to the mood, too. Acoustic guitars sound good. I think the gain on the lead could bear to be the tiniest bit higher and a slight halo of reverb on it. You're managing to get a little finger vibrato in there, which always helps tone. A bit more of that, please. :D It sounds like real song. :wink: :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cheers, Bob
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Sorry it took so long to listen (working like a slave as usual)
Is this Aly singing? It has a thicker/bassier tone which is nice - different than her last (if it is her)...maybe it's just proximity effect lol...
Good tune, levels are good overall, like the vocal treatment, enjoyed the listens (my player is always on repeat so I listen over and over while I type :) )
Only suggestion is push the lead over a bit to the L or R when she's singing, as it's a bit of a conflict. I think the last one I set it to 30 or 35 and left it there. It was close enough to center but not stepping on the vocals. Not a fan of doubling/delaying trick so I won't go there.... Maybe a bit more grit but I would say more reverb on the lead (junkie me)....
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

ido1957 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:59 pm Sorry it took so long to listen (working like a slave as usual)
Is this Aly singing? It has a thicker/bassier tone which is nice - different than her last (if it is her)...maybe it's just proximity effect lol...
Good tune, levels are good overall, like the vocal treatment, enjoyed the listens (my player is always on repeat so I listen over and over while I type :) )
Only suggestion is push the lead over a bit to the L or R when she's singing, as it's a bit of a conflict. I think the last one I set it to 30 or 35 and left it there. It was close enough to center but not stepping on the vocals. Not a fan of doubling/delaying trick so I won't go there.... Maybe a bit more grit but I would say more reverb on the lead (junkie me)....
Cool, cheers Ido. It is her - I fucked about with a bit of parametric EQing on her voice this time to try and take out some of the harshness. I don't think her recording environment is great though,