I'm working on a new song...

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Armistice

I'm working on a new song...

Post by Armistice »

... you can't hear it yet - it's weeks away from being done.

Just thought you all should know. I know how you look forward to such events. :lollers:
Greg_L

Re: I'm working on a new song...

Post by Greg_L »

I like what I've heard so far!
Rebel Yell
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Gee Mr (Dick) Clark - I give it an 85 because it has a good beat and I can dance to it.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I hope you maintain this simplicity right up to the finished article. :)
Haggard Musician :mad:
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

One of the better things I've heard from you.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Im working on a new song too. Right now the mix is perfect.....in my head.
Audio Monster

Post by Audio Monster »

Armistice wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 am ... you can't hear it yet - it's weeks away from being done.

Just thought you all should know. I know how you look forward to such events. :lollers:
Looking forward to hearing it. Genre? With or without vocals?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Audio Monster wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 pm
Armistice wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 am ... you can't hear it yet - it's weeks away from being done.

Looking forward to hearing it. Genre? With or without vocals?
This is probably closer to straight rock than I've gone for a while, with the usual interweaving guitar lines which is sort of what I do. A 5\4 section for interest. A solo, which I don't normally do. No idea what the subject is though. Something will come to me, no doubt. I'm thinking a Hold Steady type angst\clever lyric thing, but we'll see where it ends up.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 am This is probably closer to straight rock than I've gone for a while
That'll be interesting. Is this gonna be showcasing your new Les Paul?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

JD01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 am
Armistice wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 am This is probably closer to straight rock than I've gone for a while
Well it's certainly on there - not sure how much showcasing will be going on... :wink:

I need to write a guitar solo yet - and I need to work out which guitar to play it on - it'd be nice it it was the new Lester but it's still got its factory set up with strings that are a tad too light for me, so more likely it'll be another guitar - shall have to see. Anyway, hard part will be coming up with something decent - I don't do much soloing on my stuff, as you know, so if I'm going to do it, it has to be something I'm happy with. And I haven't even thought about it yet - and the drums are just patterns at this stage, and I have no idea what it's about lyrically etc. etc. etc. It's a long, long way from done. I'm sure I'll still be talking about it in a month's time... :eep: :biggrin:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:29 am
JD01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 am
Well it's certainly on there - not sure how much showcasing will be going on... :wink:

I need to write a guitar solo yet - and I need to work out which guitar to play it on - it'd be nice it it was the new Lester but it's still got its factory set up with strings that are a tad too light for me, so more likely it'll be another guitar - shall have to see. Anyway, hard part will be coming up with something decent - I don't do much soloing on my stuff, as you know, so if I'm going to do it, it has to be something I'm happy with. And I haven't even thought about it yet - and the drums are just patterns at this stage, and I have no idea what it's about lyrically etc. etc. etc. It's a long, long way from done. I'm sure I'll still be talking about it in a month's time... :eep: :biggrin:
You're only one fret away from being in tune, so if you fuck it up, bend it!
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I've got a fan under my desk. Can you do anything about the noise floor?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

.... and I'm still working on it... :lollers:

Have the guitar solo nutted out but not recorded, the rest of the music recorded but not mixed, and no fucking clue what it's going to be about. Let's say "June", shall we? :mad3:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am Let's say "June", shall we? :mad3:
June. :smiles:

You should worry, I've no idea what I'm going to do next. All I have is the drums and bass to a Pixies cover. Oh, and trawling through some of my old sessions, the drums to ""Next Girl" by the Black Keys.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am Have the guitar solo nutted out but not recorded
I've never heard you do a guitar solo. You'd better be good after all this buildup. :mad:

By the way, somebody is selling A Strymon Big Sky near me. It's summat like 300 quid used, how much did you pay for yours? :eek: :eep: :eek:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 am
Armistice wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am Have the guitar solo nutted out but not recorded
I've never heard you do a guitar solo. You'd better be good after all this buildup. :mad:
I'm expecting to Armistice to post up some pics of himself after he's been poured into a zebra print spandex cat-suit, fretboard tapping with his guitar behind is head while showing us his cum-face.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 am

I'm expecting to Armistice to post up some pics of himself after he's been poured into a zebra print spandex cat-suit, fretboard tapping with his guitar behind is head while showing us his cum-face.
And a hat with corks on it. Don't forget that.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:08 am
JD01 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 am
And a hat with corks on it. Don't forget that.
Absolutely - he's gotta show off a bit of colonial flair.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Colonial flair - c'mon, Aerogard made the corks redundant - besides the world wide cork shortage meant that the hats were mothballed while people tried to shove old corks into wine casks. ANYWAY, David's an urban boy - formerly a suburban boy so he needs an Hawaiian shirt and schooner.
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8yEX3MwKc[/BBvideo]
Then again he might splash out & wear a great bag of fruit like Norma...
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNQXxwKlH8[/BBvideo]
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

By the way, somebody is selling A Strymon Big Sky near me. It's summat like 300 quid used, how much did you pay for yours? :eek: :eep: :eek:
LOL - I have no idea if it's good or not. Hard to play as I'm way out of practice with fast-ish stuff. Had to get the metronome out and build up the speed - not that it's that fast really, and it's not shreddy. And not traditional - trying to make it fit in with the overall theme of what I'm doing, with all the interweaving guitar lines etc. I'm after "angular" I guess, and trying to force myself not to automatically play what comes easily (a.k.a. mindless noodling). :confused: :frown: :eep: :eek: :crazy: :)

People often throw Television at me as a style reference - no surprise, I love them - my lead guitaring is more Richard Lloyd than Tom Verlaine, although there's certainly a bit of both in this one. Bugger me this song is a slow process though... it's the one with the drum roll stuff in it, so that's taken a while. Hopefully I'll record the solo tonight.

Here's what the Big Sky goes for now - and you can see the RRP there as well, which of course, no-one pays. I bought it from this place and they're the cheapest around. They were a bit cheaper when I got mine - touch over $600, from memory. Australian pricing and general cost of living balance can't really be explained via a post in a recording forum... :lollers: Suffice it to say that everything musical is very expensive but our average wages etc. are also, after currency translation, well higher than the UK or USA. Even so, not rushing out to buy any more, and I got Santa to buy me a Timeline... :biggrin: