Safe Words

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
JD01

Re: Safe Words

Post by JD01 »

OK, got around to completely re-tracking this after I re-arranged it. This is the last old track that I'm re-doing - all new from here.

Let me know what I can improve with it, things like growing a new tongue and lips might be a stretch though.
06 - Safe Words.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I thought this was pretty good. I liked the distorted guitar sound. The clean guitar sound was nice too.

The bass sound has a bunch of trebly attack. It got covered up during the heavier sections. But in the quieter sections I didn't like the tone.

I liked the "stray sounds" (or whatever you call them) ideas.

I didn't care for the snare sound. Kind of pumping and it drew too much attention to itself.

The guitar solo at the end was OK. But it went on longer than I think it needed to.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Argh. Missed that last post. I reviewed the one at the top. I'll try to get to the last one as soon as I can.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Yeah, that's sorted.
The intro relies on the bass for top end but that's OK - it has enough to cope.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

TripleM wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm Argh. Missed that last post. I reviewed the one at the top. I'll try to get to the last one as soon as I can.
LOL - cheers, 3M. The interlude and solo isn't at the end anymore - its in the middle.
Ray, dunno if you got to the very end of the song - there's a really cool bit just as the track fades out where I have a delay and phaser both with the feedback up on both guitars, does a lovely fade out - in fact, its my favourite part of the song.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 am
TripleM wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm Argh. Missed that last post. I reviewed the one at the top. I'll try to get to the last one as soon as I can.
rayc wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:53 pm
LOL - cheers, 3M. The interlude and solo isn't at the end anymore - its in the middle.
rayc wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:53 pm
, dunno if you got to the very end of the song - there's a really cool bit just as the track fades out where I have a delay and phaser both with the feedback up on both guitars, does a lovely fade out - in fact, its my favourite part of the song.
rayc

Post by rayc »

James,
yeah I listened to the end - I liked the end - I downloaded the song because the end made it sorted.
Cheers
rayc
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I definitely like the second mix better.

The bass is fuller. So is the distorted guitar. It gives the whole mix an overall nicer sound.

And that phaser thing at the end was a cool touch.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cheers 3M