My EP - all songs complete

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
liv_rong

My EP - all songs complete

Post by liv_rong »

Well, here it is. Im happy with how it all turned out but as is the bane of probably all home studio enthusiasts all the work never seems to turn into exactly what you wanted. But this is the first time Ive ever completed a project and took time to get the best results I could. Ever since I started its been just goofing round and making one offs here and there so its nice to have a finished product for once. And its all real instruments and amps and no looping, programming, drum samples any of that, I did have to comp a little of the bass tracks though. Its kicked me in the butt to do an album of this same style, I probably have over half of the songs already.

I do plan on "releasing" this to the internet and making a few cd's soon, just waiting on my buddy to finish the artwork. So for now this is it. I dont have song names yet either but the project name is "Department of". Dross mixed these for me.

(This song has another friend of mine played lead at the end for the "heavy" part):

Last edited by liv_rong on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: My EP - all songs complete

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Streaming to the big stereo upstairs and it sounds awesome dude. Hella full. Wife quite likes it as well. Thanks for the share. Sign me up for a hard copy.
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks man! Appreciate it!
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Nice
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. πŸ˜‚
rayc

Post by rayc »

From atmosphere to terrasphere - an interesting and enjoyable ride. Well done.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Liv, these sound good, the mixes sound really good I reckon. Did you send these elsewhere for mixing? Or do them yourself.

Is it going to remain as three tracks? Or is there more to come?
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Very good, Liv. Listening at work on the laptop right now so no critiques. It's a really nice music to sit and work to. The drums sound crisp, I particularly like the snare and cymbal sounds.

I love the Heavy guitar part on song no 2 - anybody I know? It sounds very Jonny Greenwood.

Will listen again. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

JD01 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 am Liv, these sound good, the mixes sound really good I reckon. Did you send these elsewhere for mixing? Or do them yourself.

You didnt listen yet lol? Yes I sent them out to a local guy here but the first mix came back not anywhere near where I wanted it. I didnt want to waste each others time going back and forth "fixing" it so I just moved along. Dross from the other place then offered to do it and he did a damn fine job IMO.
Bubba wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 am Very good, Liv. Listening at work on the laptop right now so no critiques. It's a really nice music to sit and work to. The drums sound crisp, I particularly like the snare and cymbal sounds.

I love the Heavy guitar part on song no 2 - anybody I know? It sounds very Jonny Greenwood.

Thanks for the listen! I love that heavy part too, I want to try to incorporate more of that into these types of songs!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

liv_rong wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am
JD01 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 am Liv, these sound good, the mixes sound really good I reckon. Did you send these elsewhere for mixing? Or do them yourself.

You didnt listen yet lol? Yes I sent them out to a local guy here but the first mix came back not anywhere near where I wanted it. I didnt want to waste each others time going back and forth "fixing" it so I just moved along. Dross from the other place then offered to do it and he did a damn fine job IMO.
Bubba wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 am Very good, Liv. Listening at work on the laptop right now so no critiques. It's a really nice music to sit and work to. The drums sound crisp, I particularly like the snare and cymbal sounds.

Thanks for the listen! I love that heavy part too, I want to try to incorporate more of that into these types of songs!
I've just listened to the three tracks on your soundcloud, Intro, New Delay and Track 3. They all sound great to me. Ah, I see "Dross" mixed them. Never heard of him, but he seems to have done a good job for you.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice! I'll have to give these a thorough listen soon.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

JD01 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 am
I've just listened to the three tracks on your soundcloud, Intro, New Delay and Track 3. They all sound great to me. Ah, I see "Dross" mixed them. Never heard of him, but he seems to have done a good job for you.
Thanks!
rayc

Post by rayc »

I'm downloading - I hope that's OK. Who, by the way, is Dross?
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

rayc wrote: ↑Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 pm I'm downloading - I hope that's OK. Who, by the way, is Dross?
He is a dude from HR and A&A. We’re friends in real life.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I added these to the youtubes and they sound ok there too.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCoKXDRFV0[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgVWNpAkqs[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8bY-F6THU[/BBvideo]
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Whiskey Jack will probably share these videos on the Recording Rebels Twitter if you ask him.
TheTestingYak

Post by TheTestingYak »

gud choon brav.
Good Choon Brav.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 am Whiskey Jack will probably share these videos on the Recording Rebels Twitter if you ask him.
Done.
:happytrees: