Seditionaries Intro "tape"

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Bubba

Seditionaries Intro "tape"

Post by Bubba »

We used an intro for the Shambollix gigs, and we're going to continue to use it, but I decided to put one together for the second set. :)

This is the original one - the end segued into "White Riot".

And this is the first draft of the new one:
Seditionaries intro 2.mp3
Seditionaries intro 2.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bubba on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haggard Musician :mad:
rayc

Re: Seditionaries Intro "tape"

Post by rayc »

Hackle raisingly good.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

haha, awesome! Where did the idea for the theme from The Sweeney come from?
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:10 am haha, awesome! Where did the idea for the theme from The Sweeney come from?
It's just 1970s tv themes to set the scene of the time period we're covering. It helps to kick in the nostalgia. Same with Charlie's Angels, the Love Boat and Ironside. :D The Sweeney is a kick-ass tune in any case!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

You didn't think to go for a bit of some mothers do'ave'em then?
rayc

Post by rayc »

If you have to re invent the band again perhaps The Recidivists would be appropriate.
I do hope the audiance don't sing along with the disco anthems - that would be worrying.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

If you have to re invent the band again perhaps The Recidivists would be appropriate.
I do hope the audiance don't sing along with the disco anthems - that would be worrying.
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:45 am You didn't think to go for a bit of some mothers do'ave'em then?
Maybe if Kelvin was still singing :lollers2: . I used to have a little yellow A-board sign like the ones that cleaners leave out when they've just mopped. It said "Caution - senior moment in progress". I used to put it on top of the PA speaker when he totally fucked up a song. Which was often! :biggrin:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 am
JD01 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:45 am You didn't think to go for a bit of some mothers do'ave'em then?
Maybe if Kelvin was still singing :lollers2: . I used to have a little yellow A-board sign like the ones that cleaners leave out when they've just mopped. It said "Caution - senior moment in progress". I used to put it on top of the PA speaker when he totally fucked up a song. Which was often! :biggrin:
haha, excellent.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

How is the Doncaster cabbie going these days? :lollers:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:44 am

He's, and I quote, "Never been happier"; "Glad it's all over, to be honest": and "Doing original material in the New Year".

Your guess is as good as mine. :smiles:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 am
Armistice wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:44 am

He's, and I quote, "Never been happier"; "Glad it's all over, to be honest": and "Doing original material in the New Year".

Your guess is as good as mine. :smiles:
Cool. Has he already found a lead singer?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Nice touch with the Malcolm and Bill Grundy stuff.

We used to have an intro track play-in before we'd play. It was racecar engines revving and rumbling. It started out real low and sat underneath the jukebox shit playing through the clubs before we'd go on. Sounded like race cars outside. Then it got louder and louder and louder and the soundman would fade out the jukebox shit and then it'd just be engines roaring. Then we'd play. We don't do it anymore though. Soundmen are too stupid to be trusted to pull it off correctly.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

The count-in in the middle threw me. Kind of felt like that should have queued the first song.

My glam band include shenanigans each show where we have various friends in costumes play characters with pre-recorded dialog.

It's pretty much always a fiasco just getting the stupid things playing let alone timed correctly and synced with actors.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am Soundmen are too stupid to be trusted to pull it off correctly.
Yeah...that whole cross-fade thing is a real mind-fucker. :lollers2:
You need one of those DJ types...they can handle cross-fades. :P

Anyway...that was great stuff, Bubba...well done. :coolstorybro:
rayc

Post by rayc »

I had to laugh at CROSS FADERS - turning one thing down while turning the other thing up.
Cheers
rayc