Dancing In The Dark

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
JD01

Re: Dancing In The Dark

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 am JD,

Gotta echo all the comments on the vocal mix. On my end I am getting some heavy pumping in addition to the clicks and stuff. And my ears lose the acoustics in places too. Usually the choruses. I fall victim to that too. they are a bit of a bitch to mix into a busy mix with out having them take over 100%

around 0:39-0:45 on the right channel something either sounds like it is clipping my monitor. At any volume. and on my ear cannons i really notice it between :40-:41Right side? Could be a different kind of click from the vocal compression maybe?

I'm digging the bass tone. A little more upfront than i would place it but it sounds really good.

Performances all around were really good. Kudos to your Niece. keep her motivated and singing. Great cover dude.
I've not noticed any pumping but I'll check - I've not pushed this one very loud.

If you've got clicks coming in on one side that's almost certainly my pick hitting the body of the guitar - I use a pretty thick pick even when playing acoustic. EDIT: Just checked, it is my pick hitting the guitar, its not that obvious on my Senns in the office but now I'm looking for it I can spot it, seems to blend in with the percussion a lot for me, but I can spot it when I'm looking for it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Dancing In The Dark

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am I've not noticed any pumping but I'll check - I've not pushed this one very loud.

If you've got clicks coming in on one side that's almost certainly my pick hitting the body of the guitar - I use a pretty thick pick even when playing acoustic. EDIT: Just checked, it is my pick hitting the guitar, its not that obvious on my Senns in the office but now I'm looking for it I can spot it, seems to blend in with the percussion a lot for me, but I can spot it when I'm looking for it.
Yea funny story really i wasn't looking for that sort of thing it just sounded like a thing my right monitor does at high volumes. I think it needs to replaced or repaired. But yea, i was listening at respectable volume, not beaming it to the moon and i heard it and was like "well what the shit? i think it need to be replaced" so i mucked with the monitor a bit and it didn't go away so i kind of had to really zero in on it. on my earphones it was only really the one spot :40 :41 that jumped out at me and only prob because i knew it was already there.
:happytrees: