Sandpaper Castles 1811

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
ido1957

Re: Sandpaper Castles 1811

Post by ido1957 »

My ears must be getting old - don't hear any artifacts. There's one spot towards the end that I pretty much left intact as it was really tough to parse out the individual notes. I call it her "artistic freedom" section ;) Anyway I think it sounds great (and I still need to pick up one of those pedals someday).
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Thnaks Gerry.
I hear as pretty clean m'self. The artistic expression section works for me as well.
As far as the pedal - I've managed to work out the flutes, cello & two choirs but am still working on how to get the best from the other 5.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

There's a lot of it on the slides. (e.g. the very first "oh" at 0:16). It's doing that step through the notes thing that tuning software tends to do.
"My day" at 1:17 is another one that sticks out a lot.
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:25 pm There's a lot of it on the slides. (e.g. the very first "oh" at 0:16). It's doing that step through the notes thing that tuning software tends to do.
"My day" at 1:17 is another one that sticks out a lot.
Thanks VHS,
I'll solo the vox and have a listen.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

I've done some tweaking to the "straight" version of the song...Gerry's solo is in, mine is consigned to the ether, and I've added an additional guitar.
Does anything sound redundant or wrong in the guitar dept.?
Any other thoughts, criticisms, comments or suggestions gratefully accepted.
SPC191117reggedgd.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

So you're wanting feedback ignoring the vox on this mix?

The instruments all seem pretty well balanced to each other. Drums maybe feel a little dry compared to the guitars?
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 pm So you're wanting feedback ignoring the vox on this mix?

The instruments all seem pretty well balanced to each other. Drums maybe feel a little dry compared to the guitars?
VHS,
thanks. The vox will remain as they are - further processing will cause too many knock on effects.
I'll check the wet n dry balances.
At present everything, other than the FX500 tracks which have their own and the bass which has none, has the same reverb added but the degree varies.
I'll get to it sometime today.
Cheers
rayc