You Monster (feat. The Shouty Boys)

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
vomitHatSteve

Re: You Monster (feat. The Shouty Boys)

Post by vomitHatSteve »

+1 on getting the noodley leads a bit more under control. They're cool, but they distract and make it hard to focus.

I'm digging the chorus and bridge. Catchy.

Around 2:14, when your huge chorus comes in on the bridge, the mix gets a lot wider. Is that intentional? It caught me off guard on headphones. It looks like that passage may also just be much louder than the previous one.

I'm gonna start calling myself a "shouty boy" :D
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Thanks all. That second half of the 5/4 section, the focus is meant to be on the guitar noodly bit, not the vocals - so I'm going to turn them down - that's why I pushed them wide. I've been turning them up bit by bit - best they go back down into the mix.

I have a feeling I'll retrack the lead vocal - I'm not happy with it - but first I have some stuff to do for ray which I've been putting off, so in a week or so, perhaps. I think I have the rest of it pretty much where I want it.

:like:
rayc

Post by rayc »

I downloaded it and played it on a decent DAP and good headphones late last night. It sounds pretty cool to me. I'm a fan of the noodles and the solo - but that's a given since there're hints of Verlaine & Lloyd through them.
Cheers
rayc
itsnotkcearl

Post by itsnotkcearl »

That feels like it has a lot going on right from the start...but once I got my head around it I liked it. The recordings crystal here, nice balanced mix. I really enjoyed the guitars playing off each other. Just the bit after .50 felt really sparse, which it is, just wish it had another layer in there

Ambitious tune and I think you pulled it off with aplomb :)
Death, War, Discipline, weekends off.