DIGITAL MAGIC you'll all want

Need a helping hand to make sure you do it right, first time? Got some good advice to pass on, so no-one makes the same mistakes you did? This is your forum.
rayc

DIGITAL MAGIC you'll all want

Post by rayc »

Just when auto tracking, auto mixing and auto mastering were becoming the things you love most about DAW recording the ante is upped by this essential plug in...
MAGIC KNOB
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Re: DIGITAL MAGIC you'll all want

Post by Greg_L »

Kill me please
Rebel Yell
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Software for people who don't know how to track.

Too much drum bleed...lousy grooves...too much reverb...
...just reach of a plugin to fix it....and you just turn one knob, so no brain power needed.

They need a 3rd plug category...

1. Effects
2. Processing
and
3. Fixing
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I don't know. I sing in an apartment that I'm completely unwilling to turn into a studio and have gobos everywhere, and I'm aware that, despite my best efforts, there is always a reflection in my vocal tracks - it's a big room, but not that big. If buying a plug-in would get rid of it, I might take them up on it. I'm just not convinced it would. And there's probably a Reaper plug I haven't found yet that already does it... :biggrin:

I did have a look at their site and found their Happy Placer VST - which is quite an amusing concept, so good on them for not being too serious...
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Check out the SPL Deverb plug then...it's more respectable with two knobs. :D

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html
cakewalkKaKed
Location: wallowing in a particular insanity of any given time

Post by cakewalkKaKed »

Edit:- note to self,never wake up and go straight on a forum ... and if you do, READ the whole bloody thread first :D

Armistice wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:59 pm there is always a reflection in my vocal tracks - it's a big room, but not that big. If buying a plug-in would get rid of it, I might take them up on it. I'm just not convinced it would.

Deverb might be worth a shot ... or something similar :)

mate tried it on some bad live drums,did what it said on the tin but wasn't "awe inspiring" ... they have a "14-day fully functional trial: " if you wanna jump through their hoops .. like a trained circus dog :D ... Woof!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I actually went and watched a 12 minute video of the plug in this thread's about, out of interest. And I watched/listened to the narrator turning a crappily recorded acoustic guitar track with excess noise and room into a crappily recorded acoustic guitar track with less noise, room and high end detail.

I came away with the impression that it's a tool of last resort - if you have no other options - ie. track the fucking thing better, being the first, most-obvious option.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

miroslav wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 am Check out the SPL Deverb plug then...it's more respectable with two knobs. :D

I've come this far on the journey without paying a cent for processing VSTs.... not sure I'll start here. :biggrin: Athough next time I track vocals I might try the 14 day trial and see how it works out.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Mr. Smith, I don't think you technically qualify for the one I linked too. If I recall you are "in a relationship" and therefore no longer a "Single Knob".
I've tried all sports of filters and sequences to remove reverb in the distant past (poor pun) . I discovered that any sound that closely a part of something else can only be reduced rather than removed and, even then, at great expense to the important material.
I've not paid for a VST as yet - though I did pay for a VST "Wrapper" when using Cakewalk Pro Audio - I paid $70 to be able to use free stuff!
Cheers
rayc