Is there a way...

Need a helping hand to make sure you do it right, first time? Got some good advice to pass on, so no-one makes the same mistakes you did? This is your forum.
Greg_L

Re: Is there a way...

Post by Greg_L »

miroslav wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm I'm just shocked to see Greg mention "guitar" and "MIDI" in the same sentence. :WTF:

I would expect that you would rather haul a baby grand up two flights of stairs just so you could mic it up...instead of doing the MIDI thing. :lollers2:

Next thing you'll be using sampled drums on all your tracks. ;) :tongue:
That's mostly true but this is just a cover that maybe three people will ever hear. :wank:
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

My wife bought me a midi pickup and program for guitar. The problem was & remains that it requires W98 to run and, whilst i did get a 98 box to try it the process was too difficult to get the sound out of one box & into another to be useful.
I'm still looking for a VERY CHEAP keyboard that'll trigger .wav samples in my computer.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rayc wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm it requires W98 to run
WOW! My first OS. For the love of dog, that's 19 years ago. :shock:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Ah, Rami I had a W95 machine with EIGHT Meg of RAM and an HDD that was about 800meg. That was 22 years ago BUT my 1st computer was an Apple 2E clone
2E.jpg
which was no where as powerful as it's follow up - a portable Commodore 64 !
commodore 64.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Amazing.

I also had 95, but I had 98 first. I think I went through almost every one. 95, 98, 2000, Vista, ME, XP, and probably a few others I can't remember.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Are we showing off our old computer hardware?
IMG_20170328_0852143.jpg
:D

If you're looking for just a cheap midi controller, pretty much anything that plugs into a usb port can be treated as one (at least by Reaper - tho you might have to do some programming to map buttons).

Go to a goodwill and see if you can pick up the RockBand keyboard. I believe that is recognized almost out of the box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.