Howdy

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
einstein magoo

Howdy

Post by einstein magoo »

Hello all:
einstein magoo here...I have been lurking for a while, it's what I do best. Watched you guys set up a new site out of the one that recently went belly up.

I'm still a member at the rebels departure site, again, primarily lurking.

Going to a small reunion this afternoon to reunite with my old high school band teacher Mr. Biddle. In the third grade he taught me to play clarinet, and I sat with the band from 1967 till 1972. Quit when they said we had to march. F that! Picked up guitar around 8 years old and got semi serious at 12. Fumble through bass and (real) drums and a few notes on keys now. Song writer? That's a laugh but I'm trying.

Using Reaper and Tascam us-1800 (it's all set up but I do procrastinate). Monitoring with Tannoy Reveal 502s and Senn HD280s.

Pearl (Wood-Fiberglas) 5 piece kit from the late 70s, crappy Zildians, Ampeg Reverberocket reissue circa 1996, Fender Vibrochamp XD (5w model), ancient Peavy Combo 115 bass amp, Hartke KM200 keyboard amp, Epi Sheraton, Fender Mustang, Kramer Striker Bass, homemade tele that maker is taking back in exchange for a Double Cut Special that he's building for me, bunch of acoustic gits of various quality, Yamaha S08 keys, misc other junk. 57s, Blue Spark, other crap mics.

Anyway, glad to be aboard here and hope to contribute in some small way. Thanks for allowing me to hang out!
einstein magoo

Re: Howdy

Post by einstein magoo »

EDIT: Don't want to start off here with misinformation, school band starting in third grade was 1963. Didn't want to misrepresent my youth and vitality!
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Welcome aboard!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Welcome. Please jump right in.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

einstein magoo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm Pearl (Wood-Fiberglas) 5 piece kit from the late 70s, crappy Zildians, Ampeg Reverberocket reissue circa 1996, Fender Vibrochamp XD (5w model), ancient Peavy Combo 115 bass amp, Hartke KM200 keyboard amp, Epi Sheraton, Fender Mustang, Kramer Striker Bass, homemade tele that maker is taking back in exchange for a Double Cut Special that he's building for me, bunch of acoustic gits of various quality, Yamaha S08 keys, misc other junk. 57s, Blue Spark, other crap mics.
Welcome aboard man, i too have a blue spark. I love it. currently my favorite for vocals and acoustic guitars. it sounds so good.

Impressive list of stuff. You should throw up some samples of that stuff. See what it all sounds like. that would be cool.

:happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees:
:happytrees:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Last edited by rammer24 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Hiya mate, glad you made it.