Good morning

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
nato

Good morning

Post by nato »

Hi all, recently bought a digital mixer/recording interface and thought this might be a good place to gain some knowledge about it.

Cheers
rammer24

Re: Good morning

Post by rammer24 »

It is. Welcome. :cool:🖖
JD01

Post by JD01 »

:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Arse end of the earth? Thought that was where I lived. :suspicious: :lol:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Hey nato, welcome. :)
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:09 pm Arse end of the earth? Thought that was where I lived. :suspicious: :lol:
With those property prices? Not fucking likely. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

nato wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:24 pm Hi all, recently bought a digital mixer/recording interface and thought this might be a good place to gain some knowledge about it.

Cheers
Welcome aboard!!! And we'll be happy to help in any way shape or form. What mixer interface did you get ?
:happytrees:
nato

Post by nato »

Arse end of the earth? Thought that was where I lived.
Yep, Orstralia.

Welcome aboard!!! And we'll be happy to help in any way shape or form. What mixer interface did you get ?

I bought a Behringer X air XR18.
And.. yeah I know Behringer cops a bad rap but this thing has 6 AUX sends and can record all inputs to separate tracks and I didn't want to bust the bank spending money on top of the range gear. (To be honest, I fall into the category of being a hack/hobbiest rather than someone who has a lot of time for these things).

Cheers - Thanks for the welcome.
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

nato wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
Yep, Orstralia.

And.. yeah I know Behringer cops a bad rap but this thing has 6 AUX sends and can record all inputs to separate tracks and I didn't want to bust the bank spending money on top of the range gear. (To be honest, I fall into the category of being a hack/hobbiest rather than someone who has a lot of time for these things).

Haha - finally another hack/hobbyist I can talk to. I was getting pretty lonely :)
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I'm the only hack/hobbyist in the village!
Welcome - Behri gear get a bad rep because some of it was bad - luckily for me all my Behri stuff has done a grand job except for the octave pedal - so I gave that away.
Cheers
rayc
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

nato wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
Yep, Orstralia.

I've been using that unit for 9 months. It's a great piece of gear at a great price. They had a bad rep in the past for a number of reasons. However, after they purchased Midas and came out with the X32 board they established themselves as an industry inovater. I use mine around 6 hours a week and it's been one of the best purchases I've made. I do mostly live sound and remote recording with it. Good luck and welcome!
nato

Post by nato »

Thanks Bill L, I use mine mostly for running monitor wedges for jam sessions and the occasional bit of recording.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I've always fought against Behri naysayers.
Some of it was bad but really, I've had/have quite a bit of it and never found it to be less than decent and , in many cases, serious bang for the buck.

Welcome to the board
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 am I've always fought against Behri naysayers.
Some of it was bad but really, I've had/have quite a bit of it and never found it to be less than decent and , in many cases, serious bang for the buck.

Welcome to the board
I think the bad rap came about because their quality control was horrible. If you were a working musician (like you Boob) you had to be very careful with their gear. Not to mention they basically re engineered (including cosmetically) Mackie boards at bare minimum prices. If you treated the gear with kid gloves, it worked. When I first started accumulating sound gear, I bought Behringer speakers and monitors because they were cheap. They got me through until I could save up enough to upgrade. I still have them and rent them out (along with a small Behringer sound board). My experience has been; in the past, most of their gear was spotty in regards to quality and in recent years they've made big strides in shedding that burden with quality builds and better actual product. The Midas purchase I think was the turning point for the company. And now we have Harbinger products to bash instead. :lollers2:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

don't forget NADY!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I don't do the "B" word.
Haggard Musician :mad: