How you guys doing?

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
raphazzz

How you guys doing?

Post by raphazzz »

Hi there,

my name is Raphael and I'm from Brazil but currently living in Orlando, FL. I'm 32 y/o and used to have a band until 2006. After that year, I was concluding my college degree and getting married later on. So music became just a secondary thing in my life.

Last year, when I moved to US I had more time for going to some concerts and had the wish for starting playing guitar again. One thing took me to the other one and now I'm starting to consider learn how to record myself through a home studio.
Greg_L

Re: How you guys doing?

Post by Greg_L »

Cool, welcome aboard.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Hi mate, hope you're good.

Just curious, how did you find out about our site?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I'll have to brush up on my Portugese.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Welcome!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:58 am Hi there,
Welcome aboard Raph, make yourself at home. We all started somewhere too and i'd most of us here got to where we are now with the help from communities like this one. Hope we can be of some help to you.
:happytrees:
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Welcome raphazzz :)
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
raphazzz

Post by raphazzz »

JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 am Hi mate, hope you're good.

I did watch last video on youtube from Your Home Recording channel. He did mention about this forum.
raphazzz

Post by raphazzz »

Thank you guys for the welcome wishes.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 am Hi mate, hope you're good.

I did watch last video on youtube from Your Home Recording channel. He did mention about this forum.
Cool - Your Home Recording Studio is a member here called Tadpui. He's really helpful.

What sort of info do you need to get started? Have you got some recording gear already?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Welcome, Mr. Hazz. Hope you stick around. :)
raphazzz

Post by raphazzz »

JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm
raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Cool - Your Home Recording Studio is a member here called Tadpui. He's really helpful.

What sort of info do you need to get started? Have you got some recording gear already?
So far nothing fancy. I already had a macbook and I just bought a presonus iOne interface, a AKG K52 headphones and a MXL V67g mic. I'm using a LTD guitar and doing drums through addictive drums 2 VST. I'm using the studio one 3 artist DAW. My next move is saving some cash for a pair of entry level monitors.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm

So far nothing fancy. I already had a macbook and I just bought a presonus iOne interface, a AKG K52 headphones and a MXL V67g mic. I'm using a LTD guitar and doing drums through addictive drums 2 VST. I'm using the studio one 3 artist DAW. My next move is saving some cash for a pair of entry level monitors.
Great, you've got everything you need to get started then (although I don't know what that mic is).

Are you miking up a real amp or amp sims? If you haven't already got a bass guitar I'd get that sorted before you get monitors :punk:

You'll get plenty advice here on what to do if you get any problems or have any questions.
raphazzz

Post by raphazzz »

JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm
raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Great, you've got everything you need to get started then (although I don't know what that mic is).

Are you miking up a real amp or amp sims? If you haven't already got a bass guitar I'd get that sorted before you get monitors :punk:

You'll get plenty advice here on what to do if you get any problems or have any questions.
yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a squier bass. I'm using guitar rig for amp sim but honestly I did not like that much. And the only reason I bought the mic was the price, found for 65 USD. Currently not having too much use for the mic now.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm

yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a squier bass. I'm using guitar rig for amp sim but honestly I did not like that much. And the only reason I bought the mic was the price, found for 65 USD. Currently not having too much use for the mic now.
That's actually probably one of the better budget mics you can get. Not bad. It's a good start for sure.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm
JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Squire bass, well you have a better bass than me!

Cheap amp sims aren't ideal, but you have to make do with what you have and upgrade gradually when you can afford it. Some of the better amp sims are good and there's a few guys on here that make good use of them. Miking up a real amp is better and definitely more enjoyable in my opinion, but I know not everyone has a space and neighbours where that is possible. I have used sims in the past and still use them occasionally when I'm writing and arranging music and then go back and retrack them later when I can turn my amp up loud.

Post up a few of you results in the Tone Thread in the guitars, bass and amplification section when you get time.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

raphazzz wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm I did watch last video on youtube from Your Home Recording channel. He did mention about this forum.
Awesome, glad you found the place!

And it sounds like you've got a great setup for getting started. A heck of a lot better than what I started out with :)
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm And it sounds like you've got a great setup for getting started. A heck of a lot better than what I started out with :)
Ditto this. You got all the tools available to get started. :coolstorybro:
:happytrees:
heatmiser

Post by heatmiser »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:06 pm
Tadpui wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm And it sounds like you've got a great setup for getting started. A heck of a lot better than what I started out with :)
Ditto this. You got all the tools available to get started. :coolstorybro:
Double ditto. Your list of starting gear makes so much more sense than many just starting out who frequent boards like this.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum. :coolstorybro: